“Breathtaking!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of National Gallery of Art

National Gallery of Art
West Building, Constitution Avenue and 6th Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20002 (National Mall)
202-737-4215
and up
Washington DC Capital Sites Bike Tour
Activities: Group tours/walking tour, Dining, Ice skating
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the world's greatest art museums is comprised of two buildings: one holds paintings from the 13th through the 18th centuries and the other exhibits modern art.
Loveland, Colorado
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you never see another art gallery, you must see this one in DC.
A brilliant, superb collection of some of the greatest artists work in time. A great admirer of Monet, I was thrilled to to see in person my favorite painting of "Bridge Over a Pond of Water Lilies".

• Arabic first
Toronto
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Keep the kids interested.... Play "rename" that piece of art”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

So instead of "man eating fruit", its "Santa clause bored with apples". Kids had blast this way and got something out of it that otherwise could have scarred them from art ...

Rochester, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not on the plan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

It was free!! We took the 60 minute suggested tour by the desk. It did not disappoint. The staff gave us a map with the top highlighted artists! So glad we squeezed it in! DC in only 2 days.

Federal Way, Washington
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Almost killed me, but I saw it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Where to start? Gallery after gallery of every possible time period. Some very famous, some less known but soul-stirring. Modern art as well as classical. Mostly Europe, but some other. We were on our feet for 6 hours and my back was killing me, but I had to see it all... and I did. Be careful to wear your best, sir-soled shoes; the marble is hard on your back.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Love the Ballet Russe special exhibition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've been a huge fan of the Ballet Russe's costume designs for years. I used it as inspiration for a project when I studied in a fashion design school. So it's a pleasant surprise to find the special exhibition of Ballet Russe in the East Wing during my visit. It's a must-see for anyone who appreciates performing art and costume designs.