“Fantastic resource for multi-day rental” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #7 of 157 Activities in Washington DC
Activities: Biking, Group tours/city tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike tours & rentals and SEGWAY tours! We offer the best value for sightseeing. Take a professionally led tour and let our fun and knowledgeable guides share historical and unique facts about the monuments and memorials on the National Mall OR rent a bike and explore the Capital City on your own-we have options to fit the whole the whole family. Free with every rental: helmet, lock, map, flat kit. Bike and Roll offers day and evening bike and Segway tours from mid March-mid December. Don't take our word for it - check out what travelers are saying about us in our reviews!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Detroit
“Fantastic resource for multi-day rental”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I used to live in DC and recently visited to see friends and Bike and Roll was suggested to me when I expressed concerns about how I would efficiently hop around all over the city trying to see everyone. Biking was my main mode of transportation when I lived there so it made total sense. The advantage to this over using Capital Bikeshare, which offers 3 day rentals, was that I didn't need to worry about parking it a bikeshare station- I just used the bike as I would have my own, kept it where I was staying and for 3 days biked like crazy! The bike was in good condition, the staff was friendly and helpful and I was super impressed with this option. I'll definitely be going this route with my subsequent visits.

rockford, mi
“Best part of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We did the Monument Evening tour. With three 12 year old boys and one 14 year old - this was the best way to hit all the monuments and keep their interest! Chris, our tour guide, was fantastic! We would do this again! It was the best part of our trip!

Pretoria, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
“Cool experience despite the heat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

For the business traveller with limited time in Washington, this was my top priority and I was not disappointed. Knowledgeable guide who allowed sufficient time at each monument for photos or contemplation!

13 attraction reviews
“Excellent bike tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

While on family vacation in DC, we used Bike and Roll twice for bike rides. I could not be happier with our experience.

1) MONUMENT BIKE TOUR. We started off our vacation with an evening bike tour of the monuments on the National Mall. This was a 3 hour bike tour, and we made approx 9 or 10 stops to take pics and hear information about the monuments on the National Mall. Our tour guide was very friendly/informative and riding the bikes was alot of fun for our family (including a teenager and a pre-teen). This was an excellent way to start off our vacation and I highly recommend this to DC first-time visitors.

2) MT. VERNON BY BIKE AND BOAT. Near the end of our vacation, we rode the metro out to Old Town Alexandria and rented bikes and rode the 10 mile bike/jogging trail along the Potomac River to Mt. Vernon. We spent 2 hours at Mt. Vernon and then rode the boat back to Old Town Alexandria. This was a fun way to see Mt. Vernon, and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting DC!

NOTE: The 10 mile bike ride was not too strenuous for my family (including a teenager and a pre-teen), with the exception of a few hills that wear you out if you are not in good shape. The steep hills were not a big deal...we just got off and walked the bike up the steep hills...there were only a handful of these.

Also note that the day we rode bikes the weather was perfect...sunny with temps in the 70s. I would not recommend this bike ride if the weather is bad (rainy or 90 degree temps)!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great guidance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We had a group of about 25 bikers (most of whom had never or rarely biked before). Since our group was full of DC locals, Bike and Roll did a bit of a different trip with us and helped our new bikers navigate Hains Point in downtown DC. It was a great time and the guides were very helpful in describing basic bicycle pointers to the group and making them feel comfortable.

I think our guide's names were Henry and Carrie? Thank you Bike and Roll!