“Simple and done very well” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
2815 M Street, Please Add Other Locations to Ths Listing, Washington DC, DC 20007
202 315 5420
Cuisines: Belgian, Coffee Shop, Bakeries, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Point of Rocks, Maryland
“Simple and done very well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast here this am the coffee was excellent! We ordered very simple things like oatmeal with bananas and soft boiled eggs served with fresh bread and the were excellent. They also had full yummy breakfasts and fresh pastries available. We will defiantly be going back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington, DC
“More than a bakery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I eat at Le Pain Quotidien at least once a month. I love the communal table option. The coffee is good. The bread is fresh and (too) tempting. The dishes themselves balance comfort and healthy really well.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great breakfast spot for health conscious foodies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Really nice restaurant that was close to our hotel. Came highly recommended, and it lived up to its' reputation! Waiter was very nice, ambiance was like a chich barn feel with long thick wooden tables, 'bowls' for coffee mugs, warm atmosphere, etc. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the owner took their time to talk to us after the meal and share a bit about the restaurant and it's many locations all over the world. Truly enjoyed this experienced (other than the VERY loud eater sitting right next to me...lol).

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great simple organic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Fairly quiet on week nights, and lovely music for a relaxing meal. The mushroom lasagna was very nice, and all the three wines I tried by the glass were tasty.

Virginia
“I wish there was one in my town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've bought bread here before but never sat down for a meal until last weekend. After a Saturday of finding ourselves in very noisy, almost deafening neighborhood favorites, it was pleasant to have breakfast here, which was crowded but pleasantly humming. It's the only place I know of in the neighborhood (or almost anywhere for that matter) where you can get a breakfast that feels as though it's not clogging your arteries. Everything on the menu is excellent; this is a place that strives for perfection.

I had French toast, which was the best I've had anywhere, made from their special bread. Even the espresso was right. On the way out, I stopped for half a loaf of that great bread to take home. Half a loaf is quite a lot of bread in this case. I must say the bread they bake here is much better than any bread I've ever had in Paris. I wish I could visit Le Pain Quotidien every weekend.