“Delicious food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nando's

Nando's
819 7th St NW, Ste 100, Washington DC, DC 20001-4497 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-898-1225
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

On our vacation to DC, we visited Nando's for lunch at our teenage daughter's request. She read somewhere that One Direction loves Nando's. I will tell you that I went in with not so high expectations. Well, it was fantastic! The staff was all super friendly and helpful. We had a party of 6, so we did have to wait for about 20 minutes to get a seat but we expected to wait...it was a Tuesday at lunch time in a busy city! We were given menus while we waited so we could decide ahead of time on our meals so that helped to pass the time. When called, you go to the counter and place your order, they give you a plaque with a number on it and then the food is delivered to your table. We all tried something different and every one of us was VERY pleased with our meals. The chicken is melt in your mouth delicious! I thought it was also very reasonably priced (cheaper then when we ate at a cafeteria in one of the Smithsonian museums!!....and 100x better!).

Visited July 2013

Poplar Grove, IL
“Niall's favorite restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My daughter and I stumbled across this restaurant and had to go in due to her infatuation with a certain boy band. I reluctantly agreed, but was pleasantly surprised. Chicken was excellent, price was reasonable (for DC).

Staff was very friendly, and offered my daughter a menu as a momentous of our moment in the shadow of her favorite band.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Simply Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My daughter and I visited with friends on the first day of Our April vacation visit. Our friends picked us up from our hotel in Arlington, only to find out that we could have taken the metro, which was very close to the restaurant!

The food was simply delicious! We ordered 3 whole chickens, a Mediterrean Salad and a roaster portobello mushroom! Simply said, it was an excellent and delicious meal! There was so much food, we had leftovers!

Can't wait to return to DC for another visit!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Pretty expensive for fast food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The food was ok, just a roast chicken joint. But a chicken caesar salad and a chicken breast with fries plus 1 lemonade were $27.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Tasty, Highly Affordable and Delicious! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I first had Nando's Peri-Peri few years back in Africa. When I traveled to Washington DC I was so excited to find this delicious cuisine again. I ate their hot peri-peri wings, which were flavorful and had tremendous kick! My husband enjoyed 1/4 chicken, his had a bit less kick but he enjoyed it thoroughly. My kids are not big on spicy food so they both got Caesar salads with mild Nando's chicken.... While they did not comment they both ate their salads quickly cleaning their plates. The kids also enjoyed mild lemon herb wings. I also had some of their coleslaw, which was the perfect compleat to the spicy chicken. In addition, I enjoyed their spicy rice tremendously- full of flavor! All and all we spent about 50 dollars, fed the family and ended up with some left overs!!! Not bad.