“Great history” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The U.S. National Archives

The U.S. National Archives
700 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20408 (Capitol Hill)
202 357 5000

Type: History Museums, Libraries, Museums
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Repository where the most important historical documents of the United States are held, such as the original Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, Constitution and the 1297 version of the Magna Carta.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
29 attraction reviews
“Great history”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I love history. Especially American History. This is why I'm a little sad to have to give this a 3. Standing in front of the founding documents was breathtaking to say the least. That was really the only part of the visit that got my 5 going. There was supposed to be a presentation related to the founding documents. We were briskly told 5 minutes after the presentation was supposed to start that it was cancelled due to a staff meeting. Really? I guess the irony should not have been lost on me.

Visited December 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
20 attraction reviews
“Quick Tour, very cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

To be able to be inches away from the documents that shaped our country was amazing!!! Every American should see these documents!

Medford, Oregon
109 attraction reviews
“National Archives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

It was inspiring to see the actual documents from which we base our freedom and security. It was crowded while we were there so we could not spend much time really looking them over. I wish I would have brought my glasses because they are under dim light for their preservation but it made it difficult for me to see in detail.

Visited November 2013
Pembroke Dock, United Kingdom
“Great Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

For me it is a very moving place to visit. To be near to the documents that the founding fathers signed is unreal. This is a must visit place for anyone who visits DC. I have been several times and it always makes me think about the times with the United States was founded, and the principles it was founded upon. Perhaps congress should spend some time getting familiar with these documents certainly would help them do their job better...

Visited December 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
31 attraction reviews
“Amazing to see the documents that started it all.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Unbelievable experience to see the founding documents of the United States. We visited in early November and there was no crowd at all. I have heard it can be extremely crowded with a long wait in the summer. Several other exhibits were very interesting as well. Right in the heart of DC. 10 minute walk to the Capitol. Must-see.

Visited November 2013