“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of National Museum of American History

National Museum of American History
Constitution Ave. NW, Between 12th and 14th Street Constitution Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20560 (Federal Triangle)
202-633-1000
Activities: Group tours/walking tour, Dining
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of the Smithsonian museums along the Mall, this one has more than 3 million artifacts in its collection—from gowns to locomotives—that reflect and preserve a record of America’s past.
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was in washington for work and had a few hours before my flight home. I stopped in here and couldn't believe it was free. My favorite parts were the first ladies' dresses and the money display.

Visited March 2012

• Indonesian first
Chicago, Illinois
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Star Spangled Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

JMJ A return trip for me and it was good to see they are now displaying precious item in a smarter fashion. Preservation is more evident and it helps modernize and educate visitors to the historical significance of the items. You can just go and see a few of your favorite parts of American History or spend hours and learn a lot more than you did in US History class. A little too politically correct for my taste so try to keep that in mind.

Visited January 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Place to Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Great Exhibits to check out and very interesting information on American History. They also have an exhibit about America's military history which I enjoyed. Presidential history of America is exhibited as well. I also remember seeing displays on America's media history. I got a kick out of seeing Archie Bunker's favorite chair from the show All In The Family. Worth the money and time.

New Jersey
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Interesting Museum. Great to learn something new.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was our first time in this Museum and we loved it. We learn some facts about America that we didn't know.
Like most of the museums in DC, it's free.
You can learn about the history of the culture and also the history of the show business, art, etc
WE are definitely going back.

Visited January 2013
New Jersey
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“The original Star Spangled Banner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Smithsonian's National Museum of American History dedicates its collections to inspiring a broader understanding of our nation. The highlight for me was the original Star-Spangled Banner. It had a number of interesting exhibits and collections. During our visit, they were displaying the dresses worn by all of the first ladies during inauguration.

I do not consider this to be one of the better Smithsonian museums. We spent about 2 hours sampling a number of exhibits. A highlight for me was its bookstore had an author of a military history book signing books, so I bought one.

Visited June 2012