“Cherry Blossom Time!!” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Suffolk, Virginia
“Cherry Blossom Time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Beautiful, scenic cruise from Washington Marina on the Potomac along National Park and the Tidal Basin provided an incredible view of the cherry blossoms and so many D. C. attractions. We took a 90-minute cruise on The Pelican which accommodates 30 people during the cherry blossom event and we were lucky enough to have only 14 people onboard with plenty of room to roam about the yacht. It was exhilarating standing on deck in the fresh air and taking in all the scenery. The crew was amazing. I will definitely take this cruise again!

Visited March 2012

virginia
“Great company, easy to work with”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

They were very helpful in every way and listened to all my concerns regarding planning an office party for the first time, especially Chris and Deborah. They were both extremely easy to get a hold of and very friendly.

The boat itself had a great speakeasy feel and great staff. We went in the winter, so it was cold, but the staff was very helpful changing the temperature inside the boat to fit our needs. They let me play my own playlist from my ipod that plugged into their system, which was great. The food was wonderful, and great wine at the bar. Overall, a wonderful experience!

Visited January 2012
“Really Enjoyed the Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

The company I work for rented the Virginia Jewel for to enjoy and celebrate our hard work and I have to say it was fun. The food was great and the views where very pretty. Capital Yacht Charters has some other bad reviews but for us they did a really good job. Thanks.

Visited January 2012
Silver Spring, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
“nice cruise, cold food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We bought a ticket through Living Social (an $80 ticket, discounted to $40). The cruise along the Potomac was nice, however the food was terrible. The 'Beer & Brats Cruise' included tickets for several varieties of beer (all good); however the food was cold and mediocre at best. There was only one bratwurst and rest was a variety of mediocre "local sausages". They were unflavorfull and cold when served. The "HOT German potatoe salad" was ice cold. There was a 'bait and switch' in that the yacht that was advertised was substituted with an older and smaller boat. The decor was quite cheesy. In all, I would have been extremely irritated if I had paid full price for this experience. We enjoyed an evening on the Potomac River, however the food left a lot to be desired. I would not recommend this for out-of-town tourists as there was never a description about the various monuments and landmarks that you can see on the banks of the river.

Visited September 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Service, Unfinished busines perfect for large, private parties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We rented Unfinished Business for an after-graduation party for my roomate who had received his law degree earlier that day. The staff was extremely professional and accomodating. We booked the boat on Wednesday evening and had champagne and BBQ on Friday afternoon. Talk about flexibility. The cost was broken down over the phone by Chris so no unexpected expenses came up. Overall, a great experience and one I look forward to enjoying soon.

Visited June 2011