“Great Location, Friendly, Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel

You added Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park with Us for Just $10
Ranked #68 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Southold, New York
“Great Location, Friendly, Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

This hotel is located down the street from Union Station, and Capitol Hill. We had a great time walking from this hotel to the Smithsonian Museums. Staff members were very friendly, especially Lauren and Van at the front desk. Lauren was able to get us a last minute reservation at the restaurant, Art and Soul--for Thanksgiving dinner. The food was delicious and we had a wonderful visit. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
Dear 17wandalust,

Thank you very much for all of your comments. I am thrilled to hear that your Thanksgiving holiday dinner was at Art & Soul Restaurant and that you enjoyed the delicious food! I am glad that you found our location to be convenient to Union Station, Capital Hill, and all the museums. Our guests are very important to us and I am glad that our team was able to show you that. I will make sure that Van and Lauren are recognized in front of the team for their outstanding customer service.

If and when your travels bring you back to the Washington DC area, we would love to have you back . If there is anything I can do for you please contact my office directly.

Happy Holidays!

Dani Elhachem, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Hebrew first
Portland, Oregom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I don't usually gush, but I am tempted after discovering yet another Affinia property that gets it all just about right from convenience (steps from Union Station) to ambience (stylishly modern) to service (attentive plus from man and machine) to affordability (especially on weekends) to rooms (airy with comfortable beds and great showers). Wish in-room Internet was free but, hey, nothing is perfect.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Dear TravelMaven2,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am thrilled to hear that you had a comfortable and wonderful stay. I am glad that you found our location convenient; rooms (especially the beds and showers) comfortable; and that the ambience and service were to your liking. I will make sure to let the team know how much you appreciated our hotel.

We would love to have you back whenever your travels bring you back to the Washington DC area. If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Happy Holidays!

Dani Elhachem, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia Hotel
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

We were very excited to stay at The Liaison to celebrate our anniversary. Unfortunately, we were quite disappointed on a few fronts. First of all, the pillow menu, as enticing as it sounds, is nothing to write home about. All the pillows felt the same. Second, our room was extremely warm - and the air was at 65 degrees...creating a difficult sleeping environment. The service, while I believe they tried their best, did little to help us in making a vacation we enjoyed even better. The rooms felt a bit run down, with wear and tear apparent in our room coupled with stained carpets.Oh yeah, and luckily we were blessed to be right next to a fire station where at any time, be it middle day or late night, there was an opportunity to hear an extremely loud siren. On the positive, the hotel is in a good spot to hit the tourist areas and the bar is nice, with tasty fried green tomatoes and great martinis, although a bit pricey.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Dear Yourenotagolfer,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I want to apologize to you for what seemed to be a not so positive stay with us. The team and I take all your comments very seriously. I am glad to you were able to at least enjoy the hotel's location. We are always looking to move forward with our property and work to grow and develop.

I would like to speak to you further on your stay. Would you be so kind to please call my office so that I can take a few minutes of your time and discuss your stay with us.

Thank you and again I apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Dani Elhachem, General manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia Hotel
Hastings on Hudson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Not since we stayed in the old Shoreham in the 1970's have we found a hotel as uniquely suited for business travel. Service is attentive, amenities top notch; certainly the restaurant is one of the best I've eaten in. The basic room we stayed in was somewhat on the small side, but the beds were something you dream of when on the road. The other "plus" for me was the location; it's proximity to the Capitol and Union Station. Definitely top of my list for DC travel

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dear PacificStreet,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on your recent stay. It is gratifying to hear that you had found our hotel to be a "rare" find. I am thrilled that you thought our service, amenities- especially the bed-, location, and restuarant to be top notch and great. I plan on sharing your positive feedback with the team both at the Liaison and Art & Soul. We love to offer our guests genuine and gracious hospitatlity. Thank you for noticing.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back. If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate in contacting my office directly.

All the Best,

Dani Elhachem, General manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia hotel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I recently stayed at The Liaison for one night for a business conference that was held there. Normally, I write reviews for unpleasant experiences but I wanted to highlight a very positive experience that I had at this hotel.

Specifically, the front desk staff was AMAZING. Very accommodating and knowledgeable about good restaurants, lounges, etc. The meeting facility was great. Additionally, the location is prime as it very close to Union Station and Capitol Hill.

One minor recommendation would be to renovate the rooms to keep up with the otherwise superb decor of the hotel.

I would highly recommend and can't stress how great the front desk and entire staff is. You will love them.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear Solar2010,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am happy to hear that your visit to our hotel was a memorable and positve experience. The team both at The Liaison and Art & Soul are constantly looking for ways to exemplify quality guest service. Thank you for noticing. I am also glad that you enjoyed the location. Please know that all of your feeback is taken into concern and very much appreciated.

We would love to have you come back and see us soon. If there is anything that you may need please do not hesitate to call my office. It is our pleasure to serve you.

All the best to you,

Dani Elhachem, General Manager at The Liaison Captiol Hill, an Affinia Hotel
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

We had a long red eye flight from Seattle so when we arrived at 9am, we were really hoping to get a room. They of course said all the rooms were booked and wouldn't have anything until 3pm. I even offered to pay more for a room now. I can't stand when hotels LIE about not having rooms. I know you have rooms so stop the lying.

Anyway, we decided to put our bag in bag check and while we were in line, the front desk said they 'found a room'. We were beyond excited so we grabbed the key and ran upstairs. We opened the door and both at the same time said oh ()*#$@) because someone was in the shower... clearly living in this room. We shut the door and ran back downstairs. The front desk already heard from the angry customer by the time we got there so we didn't have to explain it. They said they were given the 'approval' to give us any room they had. They apparently only had one queen size room with a crappy view. We wanted a king but gave it up to get SOMETHING. They also said they would 'take care of us and to order room service'.

We got into the room, ordered room service and took a nap. The rest of the stay was pretty uneventful other than cleaning service coming by at weird hours. Our bill had the room service charge so they didn't 'take care of us'. Our final breakfast was in Art and Soul and we ended up sitting next to Art Smith. I guess he was there running the marathon. Cool.

The rooms need a make over. The bathroom was pretty bad and had paint flicking off.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
Dear Ninaf,

Thank you for your feedback and comments. First of all we want to apologize for all of the inconvenience that you experienced during your most recent stay with us. As you can understand, the team and I are constantly working to improve our hotel at all fronts. I have spoken to some of the departments and have mentioned your situation and assure you we are making sure this doesn't happen again.

I would like to speak to you further on the issues with your billing to make sure this was reviewed.

I look forward to speaking with you soon and having you visit us once again.

All the best,

Dani Elahachem, General manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia Hotel
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Excellent location, close to the Capitol, and Union Station, able to walk to the Nation Mall area, staff at the desk was helpful and Desk Mgr Jonathan was extemely helpful planning our daily ventures, pool on roof was great and the end of the day, our two teenage kids loved it and we will come again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!