“Great location, Nice Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel

You added Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast Included in DC
Ranked #72 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
“Great location, Nice Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

This hotel was very nice and very close to many Washington DC attractions. Union Station is right around the corner of the hotel and so are many wonderful restaurants. The customer service was wonderful from the booking to the check out. We were notified on Twitter as soon as we booked, they assisted us with delivering a fridge to our room to keep leftovers cool, and they told us the best way to see the DC attractions (the double decker buses at Union Station-about $40 per person but worth it!!!). Parking is NOT included in the price of the stay. The garage located at the entrance is $50 a night and does not accommodate SUV's or trucks. The garage around the corner of the hotel is $22 per day-when we went to leave after 3 days we only paid $13. Be forewarned they search your vehicle before they allow you to park. The hotel is currently under construction but that did not cause any issues for us at all. The bathroom is a little small. If you want a fridge you must request it but they will bring it to you and set it up very promptly. Overall very good stay. The hotel is very pet friendly too. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear J G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I am so pleased to hear that you and your family truly enjoyed your stay. I couldn’t agree with you more that our location is great, and, I’m pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our proximity to Union Station to get around the city.

I will be sure to share all of your feedback with my team here, especially with regards to the service you received from our team. Service is our number one priority and it’s wonderful to know that you received such friendly and efficient service from our team from the beginning of your stay until the end.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Roger Aberth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Hebrew first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We checked reviews before we arrived and were concerned about what we might find. So here goes. Our check in was fast and staff very friendly. The room was clean modern and well maintained. Our king size bed was comfy. The food was excellent too. The pool was open and accessible and in use. Free WiFi and helpful staff. Yes we had to enter the hotel by the restaurant door, but as this is a few metres from the reception desk it's not really a problem. We've just checked out and this was fast. We'd recommend this hotel especially as it is so close to the capital building and union station.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Anna H,

It sounds like you really enjoyed all of the amenities we offer during your recent stay with us. I’m so pleased to hear that you were able to experience our Rooftop Pool, Art & Soul restaurant, and the friendly service we have here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your time with us. It’s wonderful to know that your interactions with our team in every department provided an experience that was “good all around.”

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you the next time you are in the area. If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know.

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Overall a well appointed hotel with good attention to detail. The rooms are very clean and I personally liked the modern decor. The front entrance is under construction and it can get a little loud early in the morning. There is very little to do or anywhere to go nearby in the evening but a short cab ride will get you to the action in no time.

Beware: Parking...$50/night...If you don't need access to your car and you want to save a few dollars park at Union Station...its only a few blocks away from the hotel and will cost less than 1/2 of the hotel parking rate.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dually11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It’s so good to hear that you and your family enjoyed a comfortable stay while visiting the nation’s capital. I will be sure to share all of your wonderful feedback with my team here, especially with regards to how comfortable you found the room.

Roselle, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This boutique hotel is located in a perfect spot between Union Station and all of the Museums. The bed was very comfy and while I have read a lot of reviews about the noise levels, did not find that to be an issue (What do you expect in a big city???) The rooftop pool and bar was really nice - unfortunately there was a "baby accident" in the pool and we could not go in it when we got back from a long hot day of site-seeing. The staff was quite polite and apologetic, even though it was not their fault. By the time we got back the next night the pool was already closed, but we enjoyed laying on the beds and having a drink on the roof. We unfortunately did not have an opportunity to dine in Art and Sole, the hotel Restaurant and bar, but it looked great. This hotel was great for the price - would definitely stay here again - Let's just hope the babies aren't in the pool!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear martinigirlmina,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time while visiting our nation’s capital. I couldn’t agree with you more that our location truly is a special one and I’m glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our proximity to Union Station and the Smithsonian museums to get around the city with ease.

I will be sure to share all of your feedback with my team here, especially with regards to the service you received from our team here. Service is our number one priority and it is good to know that despite the accident in the pool, our team made sure you were taken care of.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again the next time you are in the area. Hopefully next time around, you’ll be able to enjoy a meal at Art & Soul- with our seasonal menus, there is always something wonderful and new to try. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Popped down to Washington DC on a whim, as I wanted to visit the Smithsonian Museums on my own time and schedule. I flew to BWI and took the train into DC.

Got this hotel on Hotwire, and couldn't be happier. It is 1.5 blocks from the train station and 1 block from the capitol. The hotel is very unique, with friendly staff.

Rooms are quiet, beds were great and comfortable. They comp'd me the WiFi at the front desk, otherwise there is a $9.99 charge, which is a stupid practice and annoying about up-scale hotels. The $49 dollar gives you free WiFi, but the $500 wants to bill you for it.

There is a great roof top deck and pool area. Nice area with tables and a full service bar.

Very nice hotel, and I would seek it out on future trips.

Complaints: Charging for WiFi
Room AC was underpowered and did keep room cool enough for me. Also has sensor thermostat which shuts air off if you are not moving around (like say, SLEEPING)
Bathroom had automatic light. That means FULL BRIGHT if you get up in the night.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear pikster,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill hotel. I’m so pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that our location, guestrooms, and Rooftop Pool made us a “great hotel” for you. I will be sure to share all of your feedback with my team here about how wonderful your stay was. Service is our number one priority and it’s good to know that you had such friendly interactions with our team.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed the hotel, especially being able to lounge by the swimming pool at the end of a hard day's sight seeing. The central location makes all the main attraction around the National Mall very accessible. The staff are very welcoming and were very helpful when we needed a room change.
Top tip# 1: try the Art and Soul restaurant next door. Very deserving of its good reputation.
Top tip #2: avoid floor 10 - it was the smoking floor before the hotel became non-smoking but the smell still lingers in the air con and can't be masked by the air freshener.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Eddy2Names,

I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I couldn’t agree with you more that we do have a “good location.” I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our proximity to Union Station and the National Mall to get out and see all of the sights DC has to offer and cool off after a long day at our Rooftop Pool and bar.

Once again, thank you for your review. I look forward to sharing all of your feedback with my team here especially about the service you received and how great you found Art & Soul. I hope you were able to enjoy the fried chicken!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night with my boyfriend. We got a deal on secret escapes and the rate was very low. Keeping that in mind, I was happy with the hotel. The service was friendly and efficient. I liked the fact that they texted when our room was ready.

However, there were a few things that weren’t quite right… The biggest downside for us was the fact that our room was located directly under the gym and we were promptly awakened at 6 am when a hotel quest decided to go for a run on a treadmill. Not good at all! Another mildly annoying thing for me was that there was no complimentary water on offer – only pricy bottles of Fiji water for purchase.

If you get a good deal, go for it but make sure you request a quiet room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marjuliini,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you received such wonderful service from our team and I will be sure to share your feedback with them about how friendly and efficient your interactions were. It’s wonderful that you were able to take advantage of our check in program with the option to receive a text once your room is available. We are continuously working on making sure our guests arrival experience is a comfortable one, and I am so glad to hear that you appreciated that touch.

We would love to have the opportunity to host you again the next time you are in DC. I am sorry to hear that your room presented noise issues, but, if you do decide to stay with us again, please feel free to reach out to my office directly and I will personally ensure you are given a quiet room.