“Great hotel near the Hill” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel

You added Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Winter Wonderland
Ranked #70 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
“Great hotel near the Hill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Great location two blocks from Capital Hill. Nice rooms with updated decor. Front desk staff were friendly and attentive. Rooftop pool area is very cool! Great views and lounging space. The conference hosted a cocktail reception on the roof which was incredible. Workout area wasn't huge, but had both cardio and weight training equipment. The lobby restaurant has outdoor sidewalk seating, which just adds to the hip vibe of this downtown DC hotel. I would most definitely stay here again for business or pleasure.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Michebill,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Washington, DC area. It is wonderful to hear that you were able to experience the Rooftop Pool & Bar for the reception you attended with your group. I am so pleased to hear that our team took such good care of you. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service and I look forward to sharing all of your feedback with my team here. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Roger Aberth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Hebrew first
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Our association held a small conference here last month, and was very pleased with this choice. The rooms are lovely and well-appointed. The event spaces were ready when we needed them. The hotel food, both for our group meals, and in the Art & Soul Restaurant, is very good. The service is a real stand-out. My first contact with The Liaison was with Monique Harrison in Sales who handled our initial agreement. My direct contact in setting up the banquet event order was Bryan Turner. He helped to select the meeting rooms as well as menus. I was treated to a fantastic lunch while there. During the conference, Cesar Mendez, our personal server for meals, was extremely attentive. He was a delight to work with. Ashok Dhoop, Director of Banquets, was available during our meeting to provide service and answer questions. Augustina, at the Front Desk, helped print out materials for our meeting (when the Business Center computers were temporarily down), and even offered to collate our packets. She was incredibly gracious.

The hotel's location just minutes from, and with a view of The Capitol, was perfect for our group. It is also located just a few blocks from Union Station.

Our group hopes to return this Fall.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Cindy A,

I am so pleased to hear that you and your group had a great experience with us at The Liaison Capitol Hill. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, and, for all of your wonderful feedback regarding all who were involved in helping to make your stay a great one. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service and I look forward to sharing all of your feedback with my team here. It is so wonderful to hear that you found our guestrooms to be so comfortable and enjoyed the food our restaurant Art & Soul has to offer.

Once again, thank you for your review and recommendation of our property. We look forward to having the opportunity to host a future stay with us again the next time you and your group are in the area. And if you can, please be sure to visit us during the summer when our Rooftop Pool and Bar are open. If there is anything my team or I can do for you, please let me know.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Great location, walking distance to union station . Beds are very comfortable.Entire staff very professional and helpful. Housekeeping is the best.A great experience.special thanks to Katherine and Bryce at the front desk.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear TrainAce,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the Washington, DC area and found our location and guestrooms to be such a great experience for you. Thank you for your review and recommendation of our property. Katherine and Bryce, both, are great assets to our team and we are lucky to have them. We look forward to having the opportunity to host a future stay with us again the next time you are in the area. And if you can, please be sure to visit us during the summer when our Rooftop Pool and Bar are open. If there is anything my team or I can do for you, please let me know.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights -highly recommend. Room is lovely. My only criticism is that the bar in the lobby was constantly crowded. We had a free drink voucher but didn't bother because of the crowds constantly in the bar. Moving to New York Shelburne tomorrow - hoping for the same quality room but less crowded lobby. Not much point giving free drink vouchers if impossible to redeem!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lynmore58,

I’m so please to hear that you enjoyed your time with us while visiting Washington, DC. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at The Liaison Capitol Hill hotel. Our Art & Soul restaurant is very popular among both guests and locals of the area and can get very busy, especially during our weekly happy hour. I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t able to use your drink voucher during your time with us, but, if you decide to stay with us in the future, please feel free to contact my office directly and I’ll personally ensure you’re able to enjoy one of our restaurants signature cocktails.

Once again, thank you for your review and your recommendation of our hotel. Enjoy your trip to New York, you are sure to have a wonderful experience at The Shelburne. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I recently ran the Nike Women's 1/2 marathon and looked for a place near the start line. And what a place I found. The Liasion's location is hard to beat, within walking distance of virtually everything. Its spotless, comfortable and the room was amazing. The staff goes out of their way to keep you informed and will help with anything you need. The cleaning staff always has a smile and good morning, ask how your stay is, and if they can get you anything to make your stay more comfortable. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, you will be amazed!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear paulab619,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Washington, DC area while participating in the marathon. It’s so wonderful to know that you were so pleased with our location and guestrooms while with us. Delivering excellent service is a priority for us and I am so happy to hear that our team took such good care of you and helping you feel right at home. Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to having the opportunity to host a future stay with us again the next time you are in the area. If there is anything my team or I can do for you, please let me know.

Fremont, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights last week. Its a ok hotel, but close to union station, Capitol Hill. Beds are comfortable, their house keeping is best. We got a room next to some generator room or something, was noisy. Staff are good.

Next time will try different hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear swamyb,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Washington, DC area. I’m so pleased to hear that you found our guestrooms and location to be great. It’s wonderful to know that the team was helpful during your stay. I look forward to sharing your feedback with them. I’m sorry to hear that your guestroom was a bit noisy. It's important to us that each of our guests are comfortable during their stay. You are welcome to always reach out to me or a member of my team and we will do our best to move you to a quieter room. Thank you once again for your review. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I stay at The Liaison frequently for business, and I have always found a comfy bed and a clean room. The location is convenient to transportation, and if you're like me and prefer walking in this beautiful city it a convenient walk to the national mall. Katherine, Bryce, and the rest of the fine folks at The Liaison will certainly make you feel welcome when you arrive. The service there is top notch.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear JTR013,

It is so nice to have the opportunity to welcome guests back who frequently stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you consistently have such a good experience when you visit The Liaison Capitol Hill. I will be sure to share all of your feedback with my team here, especially Katherine and Bryce who are both an amazing asset to our wonderful team.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Roger Aberth

Been to Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!