“Great Boutique” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel to your Saves list
The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Pump, Park & Stretch
Ranked #64 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Boutique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Liaison is updated and the first impression in the lobby is great. Sleek, buzzing with daily happy hour and attentive staff. The rooms are a good size, bathrooms too. The beds crazy comfy. The location not the best, but easy to jump into a cab and get where you need to be swiftly. Very close and easy to Reagan Intl. Room service prompt and again, staff super attentive. Would make this a stop again when in DC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Roger A, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear TTK1231,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent visit to the Washington, DC area. It’s so wonderful to hear that you found our guestrooms to be so comfortable and enjoyed the Happy Hour menu at the bar in our restaurant Art & Soul. Thank you for your review and recommendation of our property. We look forward to having the opportunity to host a future stay with us again the next time you are in the area. If there is anything my team or I can do for you, please let me know.

1,852 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Braintree, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at the Liaison for a few days to sight see and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. The wifi was a little slow and we had to reconnect a couple of times but overall, not bad. Location is near the end of the National Mall, close to Union Station which has large food court and restaurants and access to the red line on the Metro. So if your planning on going to the zoo or Georgetown it is very convenient. It is about a 2 mile walk to the other end of the mall where the white house and most of the monuments are located. I would recommend the hotel, it was a good value for the money.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Roger A, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Joanne H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Washington, DC area. Our proximity to Union Station, The Capitol Building, and many other attractions is a wonderful way for our guests to get out and really enjoy our nation’s capital. I am so pleased to hear that you also found our guestrooms to be clean and comfortable and for such a good value. I’m sorry to hear that you had some difficulty with the WIFI connectivity. I am continuously working with my team on implementing new systems to close the gaps where we may have fallen short and will look into a solution to this error. Thank you once again for your review. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel three times now. The first two times were with my family and this time was for business. I would stay here again. It is convenient to Union Station and the Metro, the Capitol Building and the National Mall. The rooms are large, the staff are friendly and efficient and the restaurant, Art and Soul, is good.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Roger A, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Chris_S123,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on both visits to the Washington, DC area, and found our location, restaurant, and guestrooms to be such a great experience for you. Thank you for your review and recommendation of our property. We look forward to having the opportunity to host a future stay with us again the next time you are in the area. And if you can, please be sure to visit us during the summer when our Rooftop Pool and Bar are open. If there is anything my team or I can do for you, please let me know.

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here three nights while attending a conference. The hotel was in a convenient location for me, and just a few blocks walk to Union Station, which was handy. The room was comfortable: comfortable bed, good temperature control, nice shower. My room in the back had no real view, but the room was very quiet. One advantage was that there is a good restaurant in the hotel, Art and Soul, which provides room service. I think the days of yucky room service meals are mostly over. I ordered dinner twice, and each time the food arrived very promptly: their famous fried chicken one night, which was good with nice mashed potatoes and greens. The buckwheat crepes with ricotta cheese and sweet potatoes were quite good as well.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Elyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Washington, DC while attending your conference. I couldn’t agree with you more that Art & Soul is a wonderful feature of our hotel. I truly enjoy dining in the restaurant myself and the Fried Free Range Chicken is one of my favorite signature dishes as well. I look forward to sharing your feedback about the food & service. It is also wonderful to hear that your stay with us was great and found our guestrooms to be so comfortable.

Once again, thank you for all of your positive comments about your stay. We would love the opportunity to host you again. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was originally booked into the Omni Shoreham but decided to switch to this hotel because of a great experience in one of Affinia's New York properties. Unfortunately, I didn't feel this hotel met the standard I had enjoyed at the Affinia Shelburne.

But first, the positives: location is superb (easy walking distance to the Capitol, Union Station, and the National Gallery of Art); staff is generally warm and attentive; and the property seems well cared for (though the room decor was not particularly to my taste). And if you're staying for at least a week, as I was, there's a good rate discount available.

Unfortunately, the negatives are significant. Wifi is not only charged as an extra but can be highly unreliable: I spent so much time on the phone with internet technical support that the duty manager (to her credit) removed all the wifi charges from my bill. Still, for a solo business traveler, it was an unnecessary headache. There's a lot of noise at the front of the hotel in the evenings due to the bar patio, and so if your room faces the front, you can expect to hear that noise. And as previous reviewers have noted, there are no refrigerators in the rooms, so forget about cold drinks overnight.

What bothered me most, though, was the size of the room - certainly smaller than standard rooms in DC. It was nothing like the spacious room I had enjoyed at the Affinia Shelburne in NY.

The best part of staying at this place had nothing to do with the hotel itself: There's a great deli across the street called the West Wing Cafe. Loved it so much that I ended up having most of my meals there!

Room Tip: Avoid lower floors facing the front.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Roger A, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear pds209,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay during your recent business trip to Washington DC. I truly enjoy having the opportunity to hear from guests as it helps my team and I continuously improve the service and amenities we offer to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy the best experience possible.

I am pleased that the Affinia brand brought you to us, but, I am sorry to hear that your time with us was not up to the standard you were expecting. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention, especially with regards to the issues you experienced regarding the Wi-Fi. I will be sure to share this feedback with my team so that we can rectify the connectivity issues you experienced.

We would love the opportunity to host you again the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband, granddaughter and I stayed for two nights. We arrived very early and our luggage was stored until we came back later in the day to check in. The location is fantastic. The cost for a taxi from DCA to the hotel was less than $20 with tip. Union Station and access to the Hop-on Hop-Off tours was minutes away. The room was very clean and the front desk and bellhops were professional and friendly. The hotel is within walking distance of most of the major sites. I highy recommend the Corner Bakery Cafe around the corner for breakfast and/or lunch. I would recommend this hotel to others and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Roger A, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear DCCK,

I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I couldn’t agree with you more that we truly are in a “great location”. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our proximity to Union Station and the Hop on Hop off bus tours and really get out and see all of the sights DC has to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recommendation of our hotel. I will be sure to share all of your wonderful feedback with my team here, especially with regards to the service you received from our front desk and bellmen teams. Service is our number one priority here, and, I am so pleased to hear that my team helped you and your family enjoy such a wonderful and comfortable stay.

massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Michele at Consierge is very accomodating and knowledgeable. No free Wi-Fi - in fact, you will pay for any extras. Staff is friendly. The Room Specialist's on level 5 are exceptional! Not great for business but once the deck pool is open the kids will really enjoy the stay.

Room Tip: Know that the revolving doors (upon entry) are scanner sensative. Stay in the center, one person at...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear educatemassachusetts,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us while visiting our nation’s capital. I am so pleased to hear that you and your family received such wonderful guest service and will be sure to share your feedback with my team here, especially Michelle who is a true gem and an asset to our team.

We would love the opportunity to host you again the next time you are in the area. Our Rooftop Pool and Bar will be opening soon and I am sure you and your family will really enjoy your time there and all the amenities we have to offer. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Roger Aberth

Been to The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel? Share your experiences!