“Great Location...steep parking fee” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel

You added Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
A Winter Wonderland
Ranked #70 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Deltona, Florida
“Great Location...steep parking fee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is a great location. Close to Union Station and the Mall. The parking is Steep @$49.95 per night (in & out-valet only) The hotel is updated and was very clean. Super comfy beds and love the pick your own pillow deal! The unfortunate part is that we had a major snow day and the museums were closed, Government shut down (rare in March)and there was very little to do with a 10 year old in the hotel. The roof top bar is only open three days a week so we could not even go up to at least see it or get roof top pictures. The staff was friendly and concierge was great calling around for us to see if things were open. This is a great place to stay for a couple or business traveler. We got this hotel on a super special deal otherwise I think it would be considered over priced in my book!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear kkman117,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your time with us while visiting DC. Winter was certainly unpredictably long this year, and, while it sounds like you and your family weren’t able to take advantage of our “great location” and get out to see the sights, it does sound like you were able to enjoy some of the complimentary amenities we have available including our pillow menu.

We would love the opportunity to host you again the next time you are in the area. Our Rooftop Pool and Bar will be opening soon for the season, and, it is a wonderful way to relax while enjoying the city. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Roger Aberth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Hebrew first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

What a great property. It was an overflow hotel for an event across the street. I was disappointed not to get in the host hotel, but SURPRISE this property was far better! The rooms are nicely appointed and very comfortable and the bathroom amenities were awesome. This was a great place to stay and will do so when I am in DC. Don't let the exterior appearance fool you - this is a gem of a hotel and the first floor lounge and restaurant is a hot and happening place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Wayne D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Washington, DC area. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I am so pleased to hear that you found your guestroom to be so comfortable. I couldn’t agree with you more that Art & Soul is an outstanding restaurant and look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. Next time you're in town I recommend taking advantage of the Happy Hour offered in ArtBar which I'm sure you would enjoy.

Once again, thank you for all of your positive comments about your stay and for your recommendation of our property. We would love the opportunity to host you again. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I don't know how someone of a previous post didn't hear any noise on the 4th floor, front of the building, citing "thick curtains" as the reason, perhaps there were no firetrucks, no cars or shoveling outside the hotel while they stayed there. The earplugs they offer you in the nightstand I guess say it all, though wouldn't even come close to drowning out most noise. We stayed on the 9th floor and heard fire engines loud and clear 2 of our 3 nights, startled me awake one night. Windows very old and ours had 2 holes in them along the pane, will attach a picture. There were water/mold stains on the ceiling in at least 3 areas of our room, walls very thin, noise from hallway very easy to hear as there was a gap between the door/door frame, door to adjoining room allowed too much noise transfer, bed extremely squeaky just to roll over. Location great, decor nice, but I would not stay here again based on bed and noise level alone. We could hear the elevator running up and down until late at night (through floor I guess, noise was worse when lying down with head on pillow) although we were not even right next to the elevator, we were diagonal across the hall and 2nd room down. We checked in early with a lot of luggage so unfortunately didn't wait on a room away from the elevator.
This hotel is nowhere in the range of 4 star hotels and I don't understand how it gets 4 star ratings. Maybe we had the worst room in the hotel. I did not get what I paid for, a 4 star hotel and would like some money back. Management is supposed to be reading all reviews which I submitted directly so we'll see.

Room Tip: Ask for floor away from fire station, one without adjoining room and nowhere near the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Amy D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us while visiting our nation’s capital. I truly appreciate receiving all kinds of feedback from our guests as it helps my team and I to continuously improve the service and amenities we offer.

I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced with your guestroom. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are able to enjoy a comfortable stay and I am sorry that this was not the case for you and your husband.

I would like the opportunity to speak to you more about your experience with us. If you would be so kind as to call my office directly at (202) 434-0139, at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to speaking with you.

new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was duped. Paid more money for a standard room that the Liaison titled a "premium" room. Awful view. The "free" water in the room referred to an unlabeled bottle of water without any explanation or any detail of WHERE the water came from. The Fiji water in the room was $4 & $6 a bottle. The wifi was only free in the lobby.... am I painting a picture here? I had to pay a little over 6 bucks to utilize their "business center" because I needed to print a 1 page email & was then charged an additional 69¢ to print. This place nickel & dimed me to death. My room was to supply me with a robe & slippers..... there were no slippers. When I inquired about the missing slippers I was told that their shipment hadn't come without any offer of a comp. I paid more money for less & will never stay here again.

On the brighter side, the staff were friendly and my in-room dining experience satisfying. My meal was delicious... steak cooked perfectly. :)

Room Tip: Do not waste your money on their premium room. There was absolutely nothing premium about my room (r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear lovelynamazin,

Thank you for all of your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. It truly provides insight on the experience we offer our guests, and, is a great way for me to pass that feedback on to my team.

I am very sorry to hear that our premium deluxe room did not live up to expectation and dampened what seemed to be an otherwise wonderful stay. We never want any of our guests to feel mislead, and, I am very sorry that we fell short of that expectation.

I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly about your time with us. If you would be so kind as to contact my office directly at (202) 434-0139, at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Booked three rooms via priceline express deals for three nights. Nervous about what I would get given parents age (70s), plus siblings and our family. We absolutely loved our stay at the Liason. Great atmosphere. Excellent service from front desk to housekeeping. Great location to everything and 6 ish miles from DCA airport. Used UBER for taxi service -- fantastic -- use this promo code of MDL56 when you register and you and I will get $20 credit on your first use. Uber is a free downloadable APP on smart phone and calls anything from a taxi cab to a suv for you. From airport $17 to Liason. From Lincoln Memorial to Liason $8.60. It really is an app you must use when in DC. Back to Liason. Concierge provided free use of bicycle to pedal around. Starbucks on the corner just 50 paces away. NY style DELI just 30 paces. Hyatt right across from Liason. Pool on the roof, exercise room on top floor. Five different pillows to choose from - seriously. Very stylish restaraunt - little pricey for midwesterners but not for others. Just can't say enough good things about Liason.

Room Tip: Our room was on fouth floor and street side but did not hear hardly any noise. Thick curtains made s...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Philip R,

Thank you for all of your wonderful feedback about your stay here at The Liaison Capitol Hill! I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and that our service and amenities were loved by everyone! I will be sure to share all of your wonderful feedback about our property with my team here.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again the next time you’re in our nation’s capital. You should bring the family back when our Rooftop Bar and Pool open up for the summer season-it is truly a treat. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice hotel with comfortable rooms but was let down by the lack of breakfast options and extortionate parking.

We had to end up going to the local deli for breakfast which was really bad.

Room was quite spacious and comfortable, but just didn't feel as homely as we are used to.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear rikz_1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you found your guestroom to be so spacious and comfortable. I truly am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast offered in our restaurant. We try to provide value for all of our guests and I understand how this was an inconvenience for you. Our team at the restaurant add delicious items to the menu often, and are also happy to help with more choices best we can. Once again, thank you for your review. We would love the opportunity to host you again the next time you are in the area, if there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

SOMERSET
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had a large comfortable room. The bed was a King size and very comfortable. Free wi fi in the lobby. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Arranged airport transfer for us and suggested places to eat. Within a few hundred yards of Capitol Hill and The
Mall. We did not eat there though the restaurant seemed very popular.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear GKWSomerset,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I am so pleased to hear that you found your guestroom to be so comfortable and enjoyed the complimentary WIFI in the lobby. It is wonderful to know that the team took such great care of you while with us. Delivering excellent service is a priority for us and I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to having the opportunity to host a future stay with us. And if you are able to dine with us then, I certainly recommend trying any of the delicious signature dishes Art & Soul restaurant has to offer. If there is anything my team or I can do for you, please let me know.

Roger Aberth

Been to Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!