“Great location, better rooftop pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel

You added Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park with Us for Just $10
Ranked #68 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
New Jersey
“Great location, better rooftop pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Gave this property a not so great review a few years ago, but what a difference! The halls even looked brighter Stayed the Fri before Labor day with family..Check-in was fast and easy. Marie? or Mary? mentioned it was the last night for restaurant week, and I'm glad she did as my wife and daughter wanted to go there. See separate review.Doormen and parking guys are very helpful.Parking is expensive, as it is in most DC hotels. There's a lot around the corner that's $22 for 24 hrs, $10 on weekends. Or park at Union Station a few blocks away. Hotel is very clean, and modern looking. Lobby is always crowded, due to the free WiFi there. Oddly, the business center a few feet from the lobby charges for WiFi on their computer! Although printing boarding passes are free.Room was big enough for the four of us, bathroom was very clean and had a nice selection of soaps and lotions. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. But the pillows were a disappointment, and I tried all of them from the pillow bar! Sure it was just me. Nice to have the earplugs, as it tends to get noisy with the firehouse next door. Didn't bother me so much as I live in a noisy city, but others may need to use them. Even if you're not going swimming, the pool area is spectacular! Lovely cabanas, and a beautiful view. We loved it up there so much, we asked for a later check out, and pushed back our sightseeing to enjoy it even longer. Too bad it closes after Labor Day, it really is a gem in the City, and the crown for this hotel.While I still don't think it should be the same star rating as the Grand Hyatt, if you get a good internet deal, like I did, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back. Noise from the doormen hailing cabs from the hotel across the street, and th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear ranjet,

What a difference a few years make! I am so pleased that you gave The Liaison Capitol Hill another chance, and even more thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us the second time around.

Thank you for all of your positive feedback regarding your stay. I will be sure to pass it on to my team here.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Rooftop Bar and Pool. It really is quite a gem and it is good to know that you and your family enjoyed it so much.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in our nation’s capital. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Roger Aberth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Hebrew first
limavady,Northern Ireland.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I visited Washington DC for the first time from 22nd - 24th September 2013 and stayed in this excellent hotel within sight of the iconic Capitol Hill. We were so pleased that we decided to stay here. The hotel is a short walk from Union station and very convenient for accessing the City sights using the Open top bus tours. They depart from the front of Union Station and cover the entire City and even Arlington Cemetery where the Graves of JFK and the Kennedy family are sited.
The staff in The Liasion Capitol are very helpful and professional,the food is good and rooms extremely comfortable. We couldn't fault it. It was a pity that the rooftop pool was closed as our weather was beautiful and we wold have enjoyed a swim after all the sight seeing.
We enjoyed the atmosphere in The Dubliner Irish pub just around the corner from the Hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed adequate for a city visit.
Dear sgreilly21,

Wow! Thank you very much for you wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I am very pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of all the sightseeing in our nation’s capital.

I will be sure to pass all of your positive feedback on to my team here who will be just as happy as I am to know that you think we’re an “excellent” hotel.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel did not provide great service. They charge an exorbitant rate for parking, though that may be par for DC hotels. Internet is not included, TV didn't work right, no instructions anywhere for anything, blow drier only partially worked. BUT Eng-Jordan, the maintenance guy (and other maintenance guys), was great. Very, very nice and even more helpful.

Room Tip: THe rooms were so dry it was difficult to breathe after a while. And I had a humidifier.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Susan S,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I truly appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests as it helps us to continuously improve on the service and amenities we offer. All of your feedback is being reviewed by my team here, especially your positive kudos to our engineer Jordan. He is a valuable asset to our staff, and we are lucky to have him.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable one. If you would be so kind as to reach out to my office directly so that I can get to the bottom of the many issues you experienced, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Plainsboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I did not actually stay at this hotel but used many of their amenities as I spent a full-day conference there. I was extremely impressed by the beauty of the hotel. The service and food (from the chefs at their restaurant) were impeccable. Everyone was extremely professional and helpful. I felt very taken care of even though I didn't stay there. The downstairs areas (including conference rooms, lobby, bathrooms, and business center) were all very modern and well-taken care of. I would have loved to stay there but it was very expensive! The hotel is very close to everything, including Union Station.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Shelly R,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your time at The Liaison. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us during your conference. I will be sure to pass on your comments about the service you received to my team here.

We look forward to hosting you as a guest in the future the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

When touring it is such an advantage to stay in a hotel which is close to all or most of the attractions on your agenda. Plus, the Hop-On-Off Bus stops right outside and the main Railway Station is only five minutes walk away. We agree with all the positive comments about quality of both the rooms and the service. Minor gripes: we found the restaurant very noisy and were disappointed at the daily WIFI charge of US $13, when every other hotel we stayed in during our world trip provided it free. But otherwise we were very impressed and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Washington DC as a tourist.

Dear Peter M,

Thank you for such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us. Coming all the way from New Zealand, I’m sure you wanted to take in as many sights as you could, and it sounds like you were able to!

I couldn’t agree with you more that our location is really special. Our proximity to Union Station and tour buses like Hop-On-Off really makes it easy for our guests to get around the area. I am very pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of that.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 4 days at this gem of a hotel in Washington.
Great location.
Well priced.
Super decor.
The highlight for me was the staff and service. In particular a large shout at to "Jordan" a hotel
engineer. Faced with a washroom issue, he responded swiftly and resolved the problem with
speed and charm.
Everyone was 5 star. Thank you.

Dear Lawrence D,

Thank you for your review of The Liaison Capitol Hill. I am very pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I want to thank you for all of your positive feedback about our service and amenities. I will be sure to pass it on to my team here, especially Jordan from engineering. He is a valuable member of our team and we are truly luck to have him.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my first time at an Affinia hotel, and I was pleased to discover the brand. The hotel has a modern look, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the service consistently friendly (front desk, room service, valet). I got a double queen room, which felt a bit tight; there is also very little counter space in the smaller-than-average bathroom. But the hotel compares favorably to other 4-star hotels I've stayed at. Hotels in bigger cities often have smaller rooms, so I didn't take exception to the room size. I'd gladly stay at an Affinia hotel again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear tgd721,

Welcome to the Affinia brand! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I will be sure to pass on all of your positive feedback to our team here and let them know what a wonderful first impression they made.

Roger Aberth

Been to Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!