“solid 4-star hotel; room was a bit small” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel

You added Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast Included in DC
Ranked #72 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“solid 4-star hotel; room was a bit small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my first time at an Affinia hotel, and I was pleased to discover the brand. The hotel has a modern look, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the service consistently friendly (front desk, room service, valet). I got a double queen room, which felt a bit tight; there is also very little counter space in the smaller-than-average bathroom. But the hotel compares favorably to other 4-star hotels I've stayed at. Hotels in bigger cities often have smaller rooms, so I didn't take exception to the room size. I'd gladly stay at an Affinia hotel again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear tgd721,

Welcome to the Affinia brand! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I will be sure to pass on all of your positive feedback to our team here and let them know what a wonderful first impression they made.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Roger Aberth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Hebrew first
Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here to see the sights of DC before flying on to our holiday destination, and what and good choice.
Walking out of the door, turn left and the domed roof of "US Capitol" is right in front of you. From here you can explore down the mall to the Washington monument and on to the White House and Lincoln memorial (a long walk, so be prepared)

The hotel is great, the staff are keen to help, and genuinely seem happy with their work. The rooms are well furnished, comfortable beds, nice bathroom and an overall good size. The bar offers a good range of drinks, including a number of local beers on draft. Whilst we didn't eat in the restaurant, we did enjoy food at the bar.

Would recommend a stop here, and I'm sure I will be back again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PeteA1974,

Thank you for such a fantastic review about your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that enjoyed your time with us while visiting DC.

I love our location. The proximity of the US Capitol building makes it an excellent first stop for sightseeing and touring the area.

Once again, thank you for all of your positive feedback about the service and amenities we offer. I will be sure to pass it on to my team here.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in our nation’s capital. The next time you come, be sure to try the fried chicken in our restaurant Art&Soul-it’s one of my favorites. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights and when we arrived the front desk lady was very kind offering free wifi during our visit. The beds are very comfortable, the room was spaceful and the coffee at the room also good! The concierge was also helpful when we asked for information, and gave us some very useful tips about local transportation (the bus that goes to Georgetown University and DuPont Circle for 1 dollar). The building is a little bit old but not a big deal at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear spottedhector,

I am very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us here at The Liaison. After 6 days with us, I’m sure you know our property inside and out.

I will be sure to pass on all of your positive feedback to my team, especially our concierge who are really good with helping our guests navigate the area. The circulator buses really are a wonderful way to get around and explore the city and you can’t beat that price.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the area. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Friendly staff & a reasonable size room with room to spread out, even with back problems I found the beds vey comfortable. Very quiet & within walking distance of most things in Washington. The Union station, Capitol hill are only a few blocks away, free Wi-Fi in lobby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BHewi,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

I couldn’t agree with you more that our location is really ideal for sightseeing. Our proximity to Union Station and Capitol Hill makes it very easy to get around the city.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in our nation’s capital. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

München
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed in this hotel one two nights (3.9. - 5.9.2013). The room (beds and bathroom) was very clean. Moreover the front desk was also very helpful (ask for 5 h free bicycle rentals). But the hotel did not open the roof top pool (since it was past labor day) and the roof top bar also is open on 2 or 3 days a week. So we could not enjoy the view from the roof top, although the weather was fantastic and very hot! Even a request at the front desk did not bring us to the roof top at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Roger A, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Manni P,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to use our complimentary Affinia bikes-what a wonderful way to get around and see the city!

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to use our Rooftop Pool and Bar during your stay. Because of its popular demand, and feedback like yours, we’ve extended the lounge area hours so that guests can enjoy the Rooftop past Labor Day.

Since September 15th, we have opened the Rooftop area on and Thursday-Monday so that guests have the opportunity to enjoy Happy Hour, take in a football game, or relax in our Rooftop Garden.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again the next time you’re in our nation’s capital. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Mermaid Waters, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed five nights whilst in DC. This was a good hotel in good location and reasonably priced for DC. The hotel was a little bit older than we realised so you could still hear a bit of street noise at night, and it is next to a fire station. Staff attitude did vary between average and great. We had the pleasure of meeting the hotel manager Reggie Cox whilst waiting for friends in lobby. It’s good to see a hands on manager.
The beds were comfortable and rooms a good size and clean. Probably the best shower we had used in four weeks.
I would also like to thank the guest service staff who came to our rescue one night when the room next door to us did not consider that others in the hotel would be asleep at 3 am in the morning and were making a lot of noise as it had gone on for over 30 minutes enough was enough. I rang down to advise the person I spoke to, to which many apologise came my way and that it would be taken care of. True to there word, knock on the door next to us with advise to quieten down, not another peep out of them. Many thanks

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Holidays097,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and had wonderful interactions with our team, especially Reggie Cox. He is an asset and we are very lucky to have him.

I will be sure to pass on all of your positive feedback to my team here including our overnight staff that, I am happy to hear, was able to help you with issues of noise so promptly. We can appreciate how important a good night’s sleep is!

Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hotels location was great near capitol and union station. Nice rooms, very comfortable beds and black out shades were great and great food at Art & Soul. Wife and I had a wonderful time. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear djbarden41,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at The Liaison Capitol Hill. We appreciate your positive comments about our rooms, location, and Art & Soul restaurant, and I will be sure to pass your feedback to my team.