“Good hotel with good location for station, tour buses and sightseeing.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel to your Saves list
The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Romance or Retreat
Ranked #69 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Scotland
“Good hotel with good location for station, tour buses and sightseeing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Booked 3 rooms for 6 people for a 5 night stay while on a holiday visit to Washington.

The rooms are first class and same can be said about staff service. Excellent roof top pool area with serviced bar and we enjoyed a BBQ put on for the 4th July celebrations.

Only criticism would be the Wi-Fi availability, free Wi-Fi is available in and around the reception area and this makes reception very busy with people sitting around logging on etc. Wi-Fi is available in all rooms but at a heavy cost and billed per device. This was the only hotel over our 17 night stay in the USA that would charge for in room Wi-Fi service.

I would use this hotel again if visiting Washington.

• Stayed July 2013
Reggie C, Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear ShortBreakScotland,

Thank you for your detailed review following your recent stay. I am so happy to hear you stayed with us over the Fourth of July and you enjoyed the Rooftop and our holiday barbecue!

I will certainly share your comments regarding our guest rooms and service with our staff here. They will be very proud to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate your feedback regarding our Wi-Fi service and will make sure this is shared with our leadership team.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Liaison Capitol Hill is an excellent hotel with a wonderful location, within sight of the Capitol and walking distance to Senate and House office buildings, and near Union Station and a variety of D.C. attractions. The staff are professional, helpful, and friendly. My room was clean, large, and well-equipped, and the bed was king-sized. The bathroom was good (functional, although some updating might be in order). The prices are reasonably high, and I see no reason for a $13 per day (and per device) charge for in-room Wi-Fi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear DSNAustin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after staying with us recently. We love hearing from guests like yourself, and your feedback is so important to our being able to continually improve.

I am thrilled that our location was convenient for you and that you were comfortable in your guest room. We are very lucky to have a team of such wonderful staff here, and I will make sure that they see your kind words. I'm glad they were able to assist you during your stay.

I also appreciate your feedback regarding our prices and will make sure it is taken into consideration.

I hope we will have the opportunity to host you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Liaison Capitol Hill in July 2013. it is a very comfortable hotel in a fantastic location. It is close to the Capitol, the Mall and all of the Smithsonians. The staff are very helpful and always willing to help. The restaurant serves good food and breakfast is really good. The only downside is the lack of cafes and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. The staff however were able to recommend good restaurants a short cab ride away. The Concierge's were especially helpful in providing information and booking tours.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear HamishMcN,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia Hotel!

I'm glad that we were located conveniently for you to do some sightseeing during your visit, and that our staff was able to help you with any questions you had. It sounds like you were very busy during your trip, so I'm glad to hear you were comfortable when you were at the hotel.

I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff, especially our concierges, and we hope to see you again soon!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

When you walk into this lush hotel and all the worries and stress just evaporate. The staff did everything possible to make us feel important and pampered. The rooms are rich and comfortable, the beds, pillows and sheets are luxurious!! The restaurant, Art & Soul is world class, try the sweetbreads with the risotto and for dessert order the Mixed Berry Crumb Cake with Lemon Thyme ice cream, you won't regret it. You will fall in love with the hotel and the restaurant, can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Nadia C,

I really enjoyed reading your review of The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia Hotel. I am so happy you decided to stay with us and that you enjoyed your guest room and Art and Soul restaurant so much!

It's so important to us that your mattress and bedding is comfortable so you get a good night sleep while you are away from home. I am equally as glad to hear that our atmosphere melted away any worries or stress in your life. That is how vacation should be!

I hope we have the opportunity to host you the next time you are in DC.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel quite a few times over the last few years. Most recently we booked two rooms from July 5 th to the 7 th. Although there have been issues with some of the stays the hotel management has always gone out of its way to make sure we return. The number one thing I can say about the Liaison is that it is always spotless. Upon inspection of the dozen or more rooms we have have occupied I have never found a hair or stain on the linens or towels. The bathrooms are scrubbed clean. Much to my family's dismay I am a bit neurotic about the cleanliness of a hotel room and this is one of the only establishments where I have yet to request a different room based upon initial inspection.
I have stayed here as a solo female traveler, for a girls weekends, with just my husbands and have also traveled with friends and family. For every instance it has been wonderful. The rooftop pool is great but be prepared to have to circle like a vulture for a lounger. There is a great mix of families and adults at the pool and everyone seems to exist in harmony. The bar staff is super friendly and attentive although it is expensive. We tend to get mixed drinks from the bar but bring our own beer. The deli/liquor store next to the hotel has just about any you could want so stop there to provide your own beverages.
Parking at the hotel for $48 per night is silly. Union station is $22 per night and a 5 minute walk. We always park there.
Room service is always great for breakfast. The menu is pretty basic and has something for everyone. The restaurant is ok for adults but if you are traveling with kids think twice.
The staff was once agiain wonderful. The front desk supervisor checked us in and did her best to accommodate us needing two rooms close together. She was super friendly and professional. She remembered us the following day and asked if the rooms were ok even though they were not exactly what we wanted. Unfortunately her name is escaping me. Erin checked us out and had the sweetest smile. She was easily able to explain the billing which was a little quirky due to the specific package we booked.
The Liaison will continue to be our go to hotel when we visit DC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear John R,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest at The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia Hotel and for taking the time to provide valuable feedback to us.

We believe all of our guests deserve their room to be spotless and respect that this is something you look for upon arrival. We would too! I am thrilled to hear we are exceeding in this area - please let us know if that ever changes.

I'm glad that you enjoy the rooftop pool (I hope you like the updates we recently completed with adding more cabanas) and the room service menu. I will share your compliments with Erin and our Front Desk team. They will be elated to hear how much you appreciated their service.

Please let me know if I may be of any assistance in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Maywood
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This Hotel Needs Improvement in the following Areas:
- Needs a Jacuzzi
-Needs to invest in Pillowtop mattresses. The mattress is too hard.
-Needs a Mini Refirgerator in Room
-Needs Microwave in Room
-Needs more variety on their Restaurant "Art and Soul" Lunch Menu
-Having to pay for internet on more than one device. I paid for internet on my laptop, and then was told I'd have to pay for it again on my IPad. Shouldn't internet be accessible if I have paid on all my devices being used in my hotel room?
-Charged $50 for making calls to a lost cell phone from the hotel phone. There was no conversation. Just ringing the phone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lurenza M,

I really appreciate your suggestions for areas we can improve. Feedback like yours is one of the best ways for us to learn what we do well and what we can do better.

I will share all of your suggestions with our leadership team to determine how we can introduce some of these options in our guest rooms and restaurant. We currently offer microwaves and refrigerators upon request, and I would be happy to reserve one of each for your next stay.

Our restaurant menu rotates seasonal so I have passed your suggestion regarding variety onto our Executive Chef for his consideration.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance.

Centurion, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Apart from the very good venue close to union station and the capitol, there is very little else of value to this hotel at the price( same room as a holiday inn express - without the breakfast). If you get your room at a special - maybe - else it is very expensive for a noisy room (fire brigade next door) and nothing exceptional apart from the roof-side pool. No free wireless ($12 pd) and parking is about $50 per day.
I had issues with noise in the Hotel (apart from the external noise), the Hotel restaurant is poor and expensive and my aircon gave me problems and I had no fridge in my room.
So I would rather opt for another Hotel next time - even one further away. If you get a special price, and you don't have a car, and no need for wireless I guess It would be ok...

• Stayed July 2013
Dear NielWorldTravel,

I really appreciate you taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We take guest feedback very seriously and truly use it to help us improve.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and that you were disturbed by both internal and external noise. We always encourage guests to let us know when there is noise next door or in the hallway, and we will do everything we can to prevent it.

I apologize that you did not enjoy your restaurant experience and I have shared your feedback with our team to review. I will follow up on the air conditioner in your guest room to determine the cause of the problem. Please know that we provide refrigerators and additional amenities upon request to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

We would love the opportunity to host you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly anytime.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel? Share your experiences!