“Great location close to the Capital.” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Pump, Park & Stretch
Ranked #52 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
“Great location close to the Capital.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This has become our favorite hotel in Washington DC. It is very comfortable and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The restaurant and bar are small and sometimes very busy, but are very good. They maintain a friendly feeling even when it looks like chaos is all around. The menu always has healthy choices.

Close to Union Station and the Capital. An easy walk to the Mall and the museums.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reggie C, Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear jjtak1,

Your review just made my day! I love knowing that The Liaison Capitol Hill has become your favorite hotel in Washington, DC. We are honored!

It sounds like you took advantage of our great location, close to Union Station, the U.S. Capitol building and the National Mall. I hope you enjoyed your time sightseeing.

I will pass along your compliments to our staff here. We’re really lucky to have such a great team.

1,659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed one night at The Liaison Capitol Hill and it was wonderful. After a long 5 hour drive from New York, it's just the place for tired travellers. The room is large (with 2 queen sized beds) and well-appointed. Only thing is that we don't get free wi-fi in the rooms. The bathroom is great - I love that the shampoo and shower gel came in large bottles (and not tiny ones which you can take away)...thought that was much more environmentally friendly.

The location of the hotel is perfect. It is within walking distance to Union Station (where you can take the bus/ train and find restaurants/ food court) and the US Capitol.

I would definitely stay here again if the chance arises!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gimme_a_holiday82,

I love the title of your review! Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The Liaison Capitol Hill here on TripAdvisor. I’m so glad to hear that your time with us was “wonderful” and that you liked your guestroom.

I agree with you that our location is perfect. We always enjoy stepping outside and seeing the beautiful Capitol building.

We hope to see you back at The Liaison when your travels bring you to Washington, DC. Thank you again for your kind words. Please reach out to me directly any time.

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is a "boutique" hotel - its not meant as a five star luxury hotel. I was very comfortable there - it was remodeled recently, the bed was very comfortable and it was quiet. However, while clean and comfortable, the rooms and bathrooms are tiny. Location is excellent - three blocks from union station, two blocks to the mall and capital. The staff were pleasant and attentive, and took pains to make guests feel comfortable. The restaurant attached (Art & Soul) was very nice. The hotel offers luggage storage on the day you checkout at no cost. At $150 a night (pre-tax) I thought this was a great deal in DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
InteractiveMarketing, Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear GoldenGateTravels,

I hope you enjoyed your recent trip to Washington, DC, and I’m glad you found your stay with us comfortable!

We love our wonderful location, just a couple of blocks from Union Station and the US Capitol. It sounds like you were able to do some sightseeing here.

We always value feedback from guests like you so that we continually improve. Thank you for your nice words about the team; I will share that with everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the nation’s capitol.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

First I will start by saying the hotel was very clean, well decorated and had a great restaurant (Which we were told is run by one of Oprah's previous chefs) My fiancé and I spent our anniversary together over a weekend in April. We mentioned at check in that it was our anniversary, and went up to our room. About an hour later, we received a plate of deserts, and a card wishing us a happy anniversary! Donia from the front desk had it sent up to us - incredibly thoughtful, AND they were delicious. They offered to do anything they could to make our special occasion more enjoyable. I really appreciated this and will definitely stay there again if I go to DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hannah S,

Happy anniversary to you and your husband! I’m so glad that you spent the special occasion in Washington, DC.

The baby cakes from Art and Soul really are delicious.

Thank you for your kind words about our team here at The Liaison Capitol Hill, especially Donia. She is wonderful and we are very lucky to have her. We really enjoying hearing such positive feedback from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the nation’s capitol.

Please reach out to me anytime.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is perfect for a vacation in Washington DC. It is located only a few blocks from the US Capitol. If you stand on the sidewalk in front of the hotel, you can see the Capitol at the end of the street. What a view! It is also within walking distance to many other attractions in DC, including the Smithsonian museums.

The hotel staff is extremely friendly, and the hotel is very clean. The hotel lobby is filled with a mix of families on vacation and business men and women. It is a great hotel for both business and pleasure trips to Washington DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reggie C, Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear JulesFromLC,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Liaison Capitol Hill on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had a fun vacation here in Washington, DC.

Our hotel does indeed have the best view of The Capitol, very good location! I hope you enjoyed the museums and hope you come back for your next vacation, or even business trip.

We really appreciate your feedback and will share all your kind words with the team.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

After what was supposed to be a full-day business trip to DC from Philadelphia, I found myself in need of a room after Amtrak suffered a power shutdown along the NE corridor which delayed my late evening train to an even later time. Rather than wait it out, I decided to get a room and leave early in the am. After striking out at the Phoenix which was just across the street from Union Station, the reception staff found me a room at the Liaison, just 3 blocks away. It was raining pretty hard and I chose to walk rather than wait for a cab (they were all at the train station), Although the Phoenix Park staff lent me an umbrella I arrived at the Liaison soaked. The reception staff welcomed me and knew I was the guy from Phoenix Park, so getting a room was not difficult. They were very accomodating under the circumstances, but in my chilly condition, a slower than usual computer made it less than ideal, but that's ok. They staff was very nice. The room was much better than expected (I had heard this place used to be a Holiday Inn Express), very modern, large, with two queen size beds. The best amenity was the blow drier which i used to dry my suit and shirt. The bathroom, though small, fit my needs. My only complaint is that the bed was not very comfortable. The mattress was somewhat lumpy and the tightly tucked in sheets (whine) were a pain to deal with. But I was dry and relatively warm. The soundproofing is not great, as I was awakened by loud snoring the bled through the door attaching the next room. The next morning my clothes were dry and I made my way to Union Station for my trip home to Philadelphia. Liaison, despite it's somewhat creepy name, met my needs very well and was worth the price I paid for the room, which was not outrageous for DC, especially with no pre-reservation. It's a very short walk to Union Station, the Capitol building, the Supreme Court, and other sites in Capitol Hill.

Dear Phineas22,

We are so sorry to hear about the delay due to the power shutdown at Union Station. I am so happy to hear how accommodating our staff was. It sounds like it was the perfect overnight stop on the way home and you had all that you needed to get into dry clothes after walking in the rain. See you next time!

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is in demand because of the location, which is a few blocks from the US Capitol and close to all of the attractions on and around the National Mall (Smithsonian, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, White House, etc.). The hotel is nicely decorated although the art work is a bit odd- picture after picture of the same guy- no idea who it is! The bathrooms are very small- barely enough room to move between the sink/toilet/shower- two people in this space is not easy! The room space is so small that if you use the ironing board, it's very difficult to move around the room! The hotel is down the street from a fire station, and the fire trucks seemed to be on the move quite a bit with sirens blaring but admittedly this was during the week following the events at the Boston Marathon and the capitol area was on high alert so perhaps that was a factor in the noise. The hotel has a nice rooftop pool, which was not in use because of cooler weather- in the summer this spot must be in demand. We had a reservation snafu at check-in that took some time to resolve, but to the hotel's credit, everything worked out. The hotel is easily walkable from Union Station, which is a train hub and also has a Metro stop. I would stay here again for business, especially when visiting the US Capitol and area attractions although the price is steep.

Dear Razor Traveler,

Thank you for your review. I hope you were able to get some sightseeing done around the National Mall. When you do return to The Liaison for business (in the summer) our rooftop poor and bar will indeed be open. Stay posted for great valued pool packages!
We always appreciate getting such a valuable feedback from our guests, and I will share your comments with the entire team.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel? Share your experiences!