“Great DC hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel

You added Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park with Us for Just $10
Ranked #67 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“Great DC hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed here for a night last weekend with 2 adults and 4 kids. The hotel honored our request for adjoining rooms and they were ready upon checkin. We ended up going to Art & Soul for dinner, which I was concerned about because of the kids. They were extremely accomodating and we had a great experience. The room itself is nicely appointed and a good size for a downtown hotel. It is also very centrally located as we were at the museums within a matter of minutes by taxi. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear KellyA123,

Thank you so much from all of us at The Liaison Capitol Hill. We are thrilled to hear our staff was accommodating and prepared upon your check in. I'm sure traveling with 4 children is quite a handful, the last thing you would need would be for something to go wrong; our staff is fantastic.

Did you take the kids to any museums or go on any tours while you were here for the weekend? Being centrally located in Washington, DC has its perks, there are so many different family oriented activities to plan a chalk filled weekend- all within walking distance, or just a quick cab ride away.

Please be in touch with my office directly for your next trip, we want to ensure the next time goes just as smoothly as this past weekend did. In addition to some fun activity suggestions for the kids.

Claudia Eggpuhler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Hebrew first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on a quick journey through DC. The location is excellent - 5 minute walk to the Capitol and other sights. The hotel is going through refurbishments and I was fortunate enough to have one of the newly renovated rooms. It was well appointed, very clean, spacious and smartly designed. The staff were so friendly and very accommodating. Breakfast and dinner at the hotel were excellent. Try the quinoa granola, you won't be disappointed. This was great value for money, though this was winter so not exactly high tourist season and prices were low. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear GogglesMan,

We appreciate your honest and professional review on The Liaison Capitol Hill. After a relatively quick turn around, we are so glad to have our entire hotels redesign wrapped up. Each and every room is brand new, with a fresh, modern, and chic feel. They are brilliantly designed to maximize space for a downtown hotel.

As a downtown hotel, we truly are in the heart of Washington, DC. Walking distance to the Capitol, museums, and great restaurants and hot spots. As I'm sure you were able to take full advantage of.

We look forward to your next still with us again.

ORANGE COUNTY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Plain and simple, the Liaison is everything but plain and simple. This place was stylish, hip, but the staff was wonderful. I enjoyed my stay there very much. Usually I'd stay at the conference recommended location (which is across the street and where I can earn points) but now I'm hooked. The bar and restaurant was wonderful too (you must try the fried chicken). Thank you everyone at the Liaison for making my experience there more than just a hotel stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear MCPELAYO,

Thank you so much for calling The Liaison Capitol Hill anything but plain and simple. We are very glad you decided to go out of the box as far as hotel recommendations are concerned. And even happier that we exceeded your expectations of 'just a hotel stay.'

It is such a shame that when people fly around the country for conferences, they really expect to have the same type of experience, just a different location, and a different hotel. We take pride in the fact that we are above and beyond with our exceptional staff, one of a kind boutique design, and all of those little touches in between.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Washington, DC for either another conference, or on a vacation to our Nations Capital.

Hayes, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Me and a group of friends went for my birthday weekend and had a great time but I don't think we could have asked for a better place to stay. We were on the 5th floor and the rooms were wonderful. Very up to date most likely we got the remodeled rooms because they were immaculate. Every person who worked there was spot on helpful at very friendly and eager to help which is something you don't usually see. The location is right down at the capitol and national mall so can walk to everything. The conseirge was very helpful didn't get his name but it was a young gentleman and we were looking some where nice for dinner he suggested Carmines because it was on the way to were we were going and what fabulous suggestion!!! That was great too!! (review there next) We never ate at the Art and Soul but commented on how nice the patio looked with the fire pit and we wanted to try it but never got the chance.The next stay in DC will always be here maybe when its warmer and we can enjoy the pool as well. We saw construction on the 2nd floor but didn't effect us in anyway. I booked through Priceline and got a incredible price to boot just a great experience all around.

Room Tip: Can't say about any other spots but 5th floor was wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear momgreene,

Happy Birthday! I am absolutely thrilled that you had such a flawless and from the sounds of it FUN birthday weekend. The Liaison Capitol Hill is a great spot to be in, it is an ideal walking distance to hundreds of great downtown spots. And yes! You are right, you were in a brand new remodeled room, our entire hotel is back and redesigned as of this week!

You will love relaxing on our roof top pool during hot summer days just as much as you will enjoy sitting on our cozy fireplace patio furniture in Art & Soul. I look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Washington, DC.

Margate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Upon arrival we were checked in by Jessica, who was extremely friendly and helpful. My wife and I had room 1016 and our friends room 1030, so on the same floor. When we got to our room, it was huge, but spartan, with a large space which could have accommodated a settee or table. Strangely there was a very small wardrobe in one corner, with an ironing-board leaning against it, and was obviously built with hobbits in mind, as my wife's dresses couldn't hang down without resting on the bottom. The bathroom was large, with a seat across the bath ... then it dawned on me it was a wheelchair-accessible room. We checked out our friends room, which was beautiful all stylish decor, etc. I went to the front desk, they apologised about the room, and moved us to the 7th floor, to an identical room to our friends. They said the wheelchair room had been pre-booked, but I don't know by whom. I had asked for connecting rooms, but it didn't even connect to our friends room.

Anyway, the rooms are very stylish, with very comfortable beds, and the toiletries in the bathroom are excellent. We did experience some of the construction noise, returning tired one day at 4:00 pm to find someone drilling directly above our room. The hotel state that there will always be a buffer floor between guest and construction work, but this isn't true as we were on the 7th and our friends on the 10th, so any work between us meant at least one floor was next to the noise.

As regards the refurb, it seems strange that they go to all this trouble and expense, yet don't bother to double-glaze the windows, and having a fire station next door doesn't help. Also the room doors are very badly fitted, with the corridor light coming through at night. The walls are also quite thin as we found out one evening when next door were feeling a bit amorous!

The location is brilliant; close to the Capitol and Union Station, and a short stroll from the museums. There's a homeless centre nearby, on a direct route to Chinatown, which is a bit dodgy at night, so best avoided. There's also a very handy liquor store two doors away, which sells very good wine at very good prices – you'll understand when you see the price of wine in the hotel! The West Wing Cafe, across the road, is superb for breakfast, the 4 of us eating there for $15-$20 every day. Union Station also has some nice eateries, and there are a few good restaurants in the area.

All in all, a very good stay. The staff, without exception, are brilliant. I've stayed in better hotels, but for the price we paid, with BA Holidays, I don't think I should complain. This hotel just needs some small attention to details and it would be top-rated. I suppose the fact that I would definitely stay there again says it all.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a view, but only of the Hyatt across the street and are noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Hoadswood,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I am glad to you enjoyed our sleek stylish rooms, comfortable beds, and excellent toiletries. I do apologize for the mix-up with the wheelchair- accessible room, but glad to hear that Jessica was able to help correct the problem in a friendly manner.

What were some of the great Washington, DC must do activities you got to experience? (Which are all walking distance!) I agree that the location is brilliant. Especially West Wing Cafe. That is my go- to lunch spot. Thank you for commenting about how wonderful and great our staff was, we are really lucky to have such an efficient team!

We would love to welcome you back, next time you travel to Washington, DC. Please contact my office and I will be sure to set you up and make sure this time you will be in a connecting room with your friends.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

The major flaw of this hotel is that the majority of hotel rooms are connected to the adjacent room through a shared door. These doors are not sound insulating and all noise from the adjacent room is heard. As such, there is the feeling of a loss of privacy as well as distracting noise. This problem could be remedied by the hotel owners replacing the doors with higher quality sound insulaters or closing with dry wall. As such, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear zehver,

I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as peaceful as you had anticipated. I wanted to let you know that we do have about 50 rooms that are not connecting with one another. Unfortunately the room you were given happened to be a connecting room. I apologize for the loss of privacy as well as the distracting noise that you experienced.

I would love to have you stay with us again, of course in a non- connecting room. Perhaps we would be able truly impress you with our great concept. Would you please call my office at your earliest convenience?

Essex, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Liaison for business, so I was not the one to book the hotel, and I was not sure what to expect upon arrival. To my pleasure, the hotel room was really clean, in both hygiene and decor. The bed was amazingly comfortable, and I never sleep well in hotels, best sleep I have had in awhile. To top it off, they offered several different options in pillows, all top of the line. The location is amazing- within walking distance to the Capitol and to several great restaurants. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel to anyone looking to stay in DC.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear Kimberly J,

We take pride in how comfy our mattresses, sheets, and pillows are! One nights sleep in our beds can cure any insomniac, or bad back!

I agree with you, The Liaison is a great location being walking distance to the Capitol, and all of the amazing downtown restaurants! Which ones did you try out during your stay?

We very much look forward to having you with us again, hopefully you get to choose the hotel this time!

Claudia Eggspuhler

Been to Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!