“Well located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel

You added Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast Included in DC
Ranked #72 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Canberra, Australia
“Well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Great property - well located for visiting all the "big" attractions and the pool was put to good use by our family because of the heatwave when we stayed there. Staff were great particularly the lady on the front desk who wrote a tooth fairy letter for my child who lost a tooth. I liked the vibe of the front foyer where everyone gathered in the evening to check their computers because wifi was free in the foyer. We had breakfast in the cafe diagonally across the road and dinner at Union Station which is about 7 minutes walk back behind the hotel and has a huge range of eating options.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear Bad_Seed4

I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of The Liaison Capitol Hill on TripAdvisor.

I’m so happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your time here in DC and at The Liaison. We have such a wonderful team here, and it’s great you had the opportunity to see that. How cute about your daughter and the tooth fairy letter!

I will pass along all your nice comments to everyone here. Hearing positive feedback on everything from the pool and the lounge to staff friendliness always makes us feel good!

Please get in touch with my office directly when you are ready to plan your next trip. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Liaison.

Dani Elhachem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Hebrew first
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

This hotel is walking distance from both Union Station and the Capitol Building. The staff is very accommodating, and the pool on the roof is a perfect spot for relaxing after a long day. The Art and Soul restaurant on site is a little expensive, but has some flavorful dishes. We loved breakfast!

Room Tip: Speak to the manager for special needs. They are very accommodating
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear JudySB_11.

I’m so happy to hear that you so enjoyed your time here in DC and at The Liaison. We have such a strong team of associates here, and I really appreciate all that you have to say regarding their friendliness and helpfulness. I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of The Liaison Capitol Hill on TripAdvisor

We love our restaurant, Art and Soul, and the pool as well. I’m so glad that you had the time to check both out! I will pass along all your nice comments to everyone on the team as well.

Please get in touch with my office directly when you are ready to plan your next trip to Washington, DC. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Liaison.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I chose this hotel because of the reviews. I booked a package for my birthday celebration through the web. I called to verify the packages because I had two different confirmation numbers for one reservation. I was given the run around. Then the next person was extremely rude. (I will not put the name here.) I tried to get it resolved, but no one called me back. It was a very frustrating experience. I hope no one else experiences such poor service as I did. I eventually cancelled our reservations.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear NyaVirginia,

Thank you very much for writing about us on TripAdvisor. It’s always good for us to hear from guests so that we know what we are doing well and what we can do better.

I would love to speak to you directly about the issue that you had with the reservation. Could you please get in touch with my office directly at your convenience?

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were spacious enough and the staff was very friendly. Walking distance to the mall was easy- about 4-5 blocks.
We would spend our entire day seeing the sights and come back to the very swanky pool area on the roof. Around 7 a DJ spins music and it is really fun. Food and beverages also can be ordered at the pool. A great way to end the day for sure. Only negative was parking was crazy expensive but I suspect it is that way all over the city.

Dear burkealert,

We love the rooftop pool too! I’m so glad that you got to enjoy it after a long day of sightseeing in DC.

I really appreciate you taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor. It’s always good for us to get feedback from guests so that we can continually provide wonderful customer service.

I agree with you that our location is fantastic, and it’s great that you were able to take advantage of that!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you are ready to plan your next trip to Washington DC. We would love to host you at The Liaison Capitol Hill once again.

Fresh Meadows, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

The pictures on the site are not real. There is no rooftop dining like they said they have.
When we went there, the pool was rooftop but if you ordered food, you can easily order and bill it to someone else's room because they don't ask for proof of room when you order. We had to pay an extra $50 because a family 'accidently' got our rooms mixed up. And the hotel said they couldn't do anything about it. The rooftop life guards are amazing, and sweet. They make you feel welcome.

Dear Eden T,

It’s always good for us to hear from guests so that we know what we can do better and what we are doing well already. I really appreciate you taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor.

I would love to speak to you directly about the issue that you had. Could you please get in touch with my office directly at your convenience? That you also for the nice comment about the lifeguards.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

This is a great location, near Union Station and Capital Hill. If flying in from Reagan Airport, for a couple of bucks take the Metro subway which is right across the street from the airport, take the blue line towards Metro Center Station, then switch to red line and get off at Union Station. Trip took about 40 minutes during weekday. Weekend would take a little longer. Way cheaper than a taxi. Amtrak & Acela also stop at Union Station. Union Station is also a stop for many DC tour buses (Oldtown Trolley, etc) The Liaison is just 2 blocks away from Union Station.

We arrived early but the front desk let us check in with no problem what so ever. Front desk is very very helpful from the morning person to the evening person. The Liaison have a great roof top pool open between 10am to 10pm. Even have floaties and towels to use. During evening hours there is a dj (and/or instrument players) playing music. There is a life guard on duty. Limited amount of chases (and chairs) to lie down on and on occasion reserved covered chases (for $40?) limit even more. On one night there was somekind of function at the pool with people dressed up for clubbing/drinking at the pool, not for swimming. It was very odd swimming with all these dressed up people. There is a small fitness room on the same floor for you work out fanatics.

Liaison maid service was just ok. They didn't change the bath towels on one of the days, unless that was on purpose to save on water. If that was the case they should have posted something to that fact. Also forgot to leave extra toilet paper. On another day did not leave enough regular coffee for coffee maker or sugar, but plenty of decaf. Coffee maker makes up to 2 small cups of coffee, but coffee maker makes a splattering mess on the counter. Nice 42"? hdtv with hbo. King size bed was nice but the pillow topping was a bit over the hill. Pillow itself was a bit stiff but they do offer pillow choices (at a charge?)which they would send up.

Lighting in the bed room was a bit harsh using cool white compact fluoresent bulbs instead of warm white (similar to incandescent bulbs). Light on headboard above bed did not work. Bath room was nice but counter top need a lip to keep water from dripping onto the floor. Bath room already had shampoo/conditioner/soap for bathing.

Hotel hallway lighting was dim. Hard to see other people's faces. Probably need to replace all the bulbs. Free limited Wall Street Journal newspaper during the weekdays at the elevator lobby of each floor, not each room. No vending machines for sodas or snacks on any floors but there are ice machines. Hotel charge $45 for over night parking. Just around the corner from the fire station, next to the hotel, on E St NW is just $20. Union Station also charges $20 per over night.

Did not eat at the very pricy hotel restaurant. There is a sandwich shop right across the street called West Wing Cafe (next to the Hyatt) not 2 minutes from the Liaison. Decent price with great sellection of sandwiches, drinks (alcohal too), chips, deserts, sushi, etc. Union Station have many choices for counter service and sit down restaurants (plus stores to buy clothes and DC memoralbelias). DC is expensive to eat out. Cheapest place to eat was........believe it or not at a McDonalds in Air & Space Museum, (double qtr pounder/lg fries/lg drink meal at $8, not healthy but cheap) Other cafes in the Smithonian Museums are also expensive.

I would recommend the Liaison to my friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Tempocontour,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your time with us on TripAdvisor. We love hearing from guests so that we can get a sense of what we are doing well and what we need to improve.

I’m so glad to know that you liked our location – we are so lucky to be where we are for sure! I very much appreciate you sharing your kind comments about the Front Desk and Pool teams and will be sure to pass it along to the as well. I will definitely speak to our Director of Housekeeping regarding your comments.

It’s great that you would recommend The Liaison to your friends. We would love to welcome you back when you are in Washington, DC again for business or for pleasure. Please reach out to my office directly when you are ready to plan your next trip.

iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed here at the last minute because our other hotel had no pool. Found the location very hard to beat. A short walk (3 blks) to Union Station which has anything you could want. Plenty of shopping and food choices, not to mention all sorts of transportation. This hotel was a short walk to most attractions around the mall. Took the Old Town Trolley tours both night and day and had no problem. Hotel staff was kind and courteous, rooms were a bit "artsy fartsy" for my taste but clean and accommodating. The rooftop pool felt awesome after a hot day on the cement.

Dear marknfamily,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at The Liaison Capitol Hill on TripAdvisor. We are so happy with our location as well! It is great to know that you were able to take advantage of our proximity to all the attractions and the great rooftop pool as well.

I will pass along all your nice compliments to the team here. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I would love to welcome you back to The Liaison whenever you are back in DC. Please feel free to reach out to my office directly.