“Excellent hotel near US Capitol and Union Station” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel

You added Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Winter Wonderland
Ranked #70 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Moscow, Russia
“Excellent hotel near US Capitol and Union Station”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our family has spent four nights at this hotel exploring Washington's places of interest and found The Liaison Capitol Hill a great place to stay. The suites are modern with LCD TV, you can use paid Wi-Fi internet in the room or complimentary internet in the lobby. The hotel is located withing walking distance to US Capitol, Library of Congress, National Gallery of Art and National Air and Space museum. We used cafes at Union Station to have lunch or dinner. You have a choice of different cuisines there and price is not expensive.We paid $600 for 4 nights and price reflects the quality. We will definitely stay at the same place when we visit Washington next time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Dear AlVoyager,

Thank you for allowing us to host you at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I’m glad to know that you enjoyed your four nights here with us in Washington, DC, and that you were able to go to so many museums – what a great itinerary you had!

I will send all your positive feedback along to the team here as well. It’s great to hear that you liked your room.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and all your great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to DC when you return. Please let me know if there’s anything that we can do for you.

Dani Elhachem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Hebrew first
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The modern, club atmosphere of the hotel is ideal for the business traveler and engaging for someone traveling to enjoy the sites and sounds of Capitol Hill DC! Simone was at the front desk on the day I checked in and when I checked out. Her upbeat spirit and efficiency forced you to ignore any of the bustle of other travelers in the lobby. My room was well appointed while the view left much to be desired.

Room Tip: Ask for a street, or external view. Otherwise you may end up with a view of a triangle of walls.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear rlou0150,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of The Liaison Capitol Hill on TripAdvisor. We always love to hear from guests so that we get a sense of what we can do better and what we are already doing quite well.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us in DC, and I will be sure to pass along your comments to Simone and the rest of the team. Simone is such an asset to us and we are so happy to have her at The Liaison.

We would love to welcome you back to The Liaison whenever you return to DC. Please feel free to reach out to my office directly any time. We look forward to hosting you once again.

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I'd like to thank William Gourdine (Front Desk Manager) for making our stay perfect!
The location was within walking distance of most of the places we wanted to visit (on foot) and the staff were very helpful in setting up tours (by bus). Very comfortable rooms and overall stay was great.

Room Tip: Hard to locate by Map Quest. Best to get directions by GPS or from the hotel directly.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear BelleTennessee,

I wanted to thank you for your review of The Liaison Capitol Hill on TripAdvisor. We always enjoy hearing from guests so that we can continue to improve our customer service.

I’m so glad to know that you had such a good time here and that our guest service agents were able to help you with everything. Our team here is just great – I am happy you got to see that.

It was our pleasure hosting you, and we would love to have you back at The Liaison when your travels bring you back to Washington, DC. Please feel free to contact my office directly anytime.

luvtravel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was a little paranoid when I booked 2 rooms at the Liaison for our family vacation in DC. I got a really good deal off a website that included $50.00 a day per room for breakfast. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when our cab pulled up and I saw that our hotel was directly across from the much pricier Hyatt, but it got better, we were in walking distance to the Capitol Building and many of the museums. If we needed to hop a bus or whatever, we were also a 5 minutes walk from Union Station.

Entering the Liaison, I knew immediately that we were in a good place. The staff was pleasant checking us in and they advised us that there was a nice Brewery restaurant right around the corner that was still open. Our rooms were much more than I expected, My husband and I had a king and a nice sitting area. The bathrooms were good size and so were the closets. Although the decor was modern it was also plush and comfy which isn't always the case.

Some of the perks I enjoyed about Liaison other than it's pillow menu were morning yoga class on the roof with great instructors and bomb gourmet breakfasts with really good coffee in their 4 star destination restaurant . Now granted the service was a little slow and they never did have turkey sausage although it was on the menu, but the generous glasses of orange juice and the pecan waffles more than made up for it. The only other thing I would change would be to open the pool a little earlier, since a lot of people like to swim before breakfast.

Room Tip: Check travel websites that cater to DC and see if you can get a special or a deal.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear luvtravel75,

Your review of The Liaison Capitol Hill just made my day. I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your time here on TripAdvisor.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and Art and Soul as well. It is such a fantastic restaurant - I agree with you about the waffles! The yoga class is a great perk, and we always like when guests take advantage of it.

Your comments about the associates here are so kind, and I will pass them on to the team.

We would love to welcome your back to The Liaison when your travels bring you back to Washington DC. Please feel free to reach out to my office anytime.

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Second stay at this hotel. Very convenient to capital bldg and rest of mall area. We walked from hotel all the way to Lincoln memorial, white house etc without using subways but union station was close by if you wanted to ride the subways instead of walking. Pool area was nice but in the evening it was more of bar type scene which looked fun but we had children with us so we didn't stay long. Overall great place to stay. We booked through price line and got 75.00 a night during the week.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear MisterDT,

I’m so happy to hear that this is your second stay with us at The Liaison Capitol Hill. I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your visit on TripAdvisor. I agree with you that our location is fantastic – it also sounds like you got a lot of exercise while here sightseeing!

I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the staff as well.

We would love to host you and your family at The Liaison whenever your travels bring you back to DC. Please reach out to my office directly when you are ready to plan your next trip.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

A Ramada Inn from the 80's. As I was checking in, a guest came to the desk to report spilled beer and drunk vomit in the elevator. We stepped into a different battered elevator with flickering flourescents - the perfect ambiance for a violent murder. We walked down a dim corridor of old, stained carpet. The room number plaque was held to the peeling wallpaper beside the door with two raggedly torn strips of masking tape. Our dark, low-ceilinged room smelled of gym shoes. The beleaguered staff struggles to keep up with the raucous patrons of the bar and the burned out hotel workers' manners have long since left the building. Put this dump on your must-miss list.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear CarmenGetit,

Thank you for your review of us on TripAdvisor. It’s always good for us to hear from guests so that we can continue to improve. I would love to speak to you about your experience directly. Please call my office at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We recently stayed at the Liaison Capitol Hill. We decided to stay at the Liaison because it is owned by the same group as the St. James in Chicago which we have stayed at several times and feel it is exceptional. The Liaison is in a great location close to the Capital building, grand mall etc. The staff were exceptional. The hotel itself, however, is very average. The rooms are an acceptable size while the bathrooms are very small with old bath tubs. The hotel carpet is stained and definitely needs replaced. There is peeling wallpaper in some places and the lobby is tacky. I spoke with the hotel manager and he told me that they just recently took over the hotel and they were going to be making a lot of changes. If you want good staff and location this is a good place to stay, if you are looking for something more upgraded then you might want to wait a few months before staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Dear Jo2453,

I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to write about your stay on TripAdvisor. It’s always good to get feedback like this from guests so that we know what we have to improve. I’m so glad to hear you like the Chicago property so much. I would love to speak to you further about your experience here. Could you please call my office directly at your convenience? I look forward to speaking with you and thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Dani Elhachem

Been to Liaison Capitol Hill DC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!