“The Most Amazing Service at any Hotel I've been to!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel to your Saves list
The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Pump, Park & Stretch
Ranked #57 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
herndon, va
“The Most Amazing Service at any Hotel I've been to!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This was my first time at this hotel, and I had an exceptional experience. I've stayed at hotels for the last few years for work, and am a Diamond/ Platinum/Gold member at a number of major chains. But, I've never had such staff to go above and beyond what was expected at any hotel before in my life. We had an amazing experience, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great, and clean place to stay. It is at a prime location in DC walking distance from the Mall, and Capitol, so that's a plus as well. Thank You to all the staff there, especially the Director of the Front Office.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear keebz02,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. All your comments just made my day.

First of all, welcome to The Liaison! I’m so glad you enjoyed your first time here with us and found it an exceptional experience. We really pride ourselves in doing all we can to make sure our guests have a wonderful trip, and it is great that you were able to see that. I will pass along all your thoughts to our associates.

Please contact my office directly when you’re ready to plan your next trip here. We look forward to hosting you once again when your travels bring you to Washington, DC once again.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

1,800 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Polish first
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel truly does put customer services at the center.

In particular Aisha, working at the concierge provided an excellent service.She was reliable, honest, fast, hard working and an real asset to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Gurchaten,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us at The Liaison, Capitol Hill. It's great for us to hear from guests like you so that we know what we are doing well and what we still need to improve.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on all your wonderful comments to Aisha. I agree with you that she is great and such an asset to us. We are very lucky to have her on our team.

We look forward to hosting you once again when your travels bring you back to Washington, DC. Please feel free to contact my office directly any time.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Travelled to Washington for the Cherry Blossom Festival with a girlfriend. We arrived late from Las Vegas and got to the hotel about 2200. We checked in and were proudly informed that the hotel was a non-smoking hotel, given the keys to our room and off we went. When we opened the door to our room there was the most awful wet smell - difficult to describe but we decided we couldn't stay in that room. We went back down to the desk, explained and we were given the keys to another room along with looks from the staff that said very eloquently that we were difficult customers. We went up to our new room on the 7th floor, opened the door to be greeted with cigarette smoke. We turned around again, went back to the desk and said 'this wasn't good enough' only to be told they were a 4 star hotel, non-smoking and if we weren't happy they would be happy to refund our money and we could go elsewhere. We didn't want to go elsewhere at that time of night and no knowledge of Washington, let alone America, and explained that we just wanted a clean, non-smelly room. We were then sent to the 8th floor (no assistance with luggage at any time) and there we stayed. The room wasn't flash, the toiletries were nice - and at least they smelt good. This experience was disappointing and when you travel such a long way to see a place a hotel is all part of the experience which you want to be good. I will say that when we eventually got into bed that they at least were very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed here when attending a conference at the Hyatt Regency Hotel across the street in Washington DC. It doesn't look amazing from the outside, but the rooms are very nice. My room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, the shower was great and I loved the toiletries that were provided. On my first night, the air conditioner was rattling, but when I mentioned it to the front desk supervisor, she helped me to quickly get it fixed and it was very quiet after that. I also had to ask about the wifi because it is not free and you have to pay a daily rate per device. I have 2 laptops that I have to use for work, so this was a problem for me. However, when I explained that I had paid for one device and didn't want to have to pay for more than one, I was given a code for my other computer. The staff here are very friendly and helpful and made my stay very easy. I would definitely recommend staying here. My only complaint is that the wifi in the rooms is not free, but many hotels have this problem. I hope that it changes soon. The wifi is free in the lobby and there is a free business center with good computers and a printer.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Dear acrossthepondoxford,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Liaison, Capitol Hill here on TripAdvisor. Feedback and comments from guests are most important to us, so that we get a sense of what we are doing well and what we could stand to improve.

I'm so glad to hear that you found your room spacious and your bed comfortable, and that you liked the toiletries provided. I will pass on your compliments to our staff as well. I do apologize for the issue that you had with airconditioning, and it's great to know everything was fixed quickly.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we would love to welcome you back to The Liaison when you return to DC for business or pleasure. Please do not hesitate to contact my office directly at any time.

Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I visited the Liaison Capitol Hill May 2011 for a business trip. I found at the time of checking in that I had not booked a room until Saturday (my mistake) but I was there on Friday. The staff was very accomdating and found me a room even though I was told the hotel was at 100% capacity. I attempted to apologize but they told me that it was fine and not to worry about the mistake. The girl that checked me in was most helpful. When we got to our room on the 10th floor it was perfect. It was a handicapp room but was still great. Very large bathroom. The only thing really different was it did not have an actual closet but that was fine. The furnishing were great, plenty of seating, large T.V. A/C that worked, and view was Ok. The room was very clean, plenty of towels etc. It was also very quiet, could not hear anything outside except on ocassion the fire truck next door leaving to respond to a fire. It was not that disturbing. The conference facility was quite nice, the rooms were very accomdating and the food service was great. The store in hotel had pretty much everything you needed. The hotel is also very centrally located to the Captiol, Union Station, the Mall, another attractions. The area around the hotel was very clean, in fact I did not see any trash laying around the area. There were a few homeless people in the area but they did not bother anyone. Found a very nice resturant called the Dubliner - food was great and beer was cold. the other resturant that I found was the Captiol city brewing located next to Union Station, it also had good food. The metro was very easy to access from the hotel and was very safe to ride. The stay at the hotel was great and I would go back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear cpl0199,

I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time here in DC. Hopefully you had the chance to see a lot of amazing sites. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Liaison, Capitol Hill on TripAdvisor. We always enjoy hearing from guests to get an idea of what their experience was like.

I'm happy to know that were able to get a room with us and that you liked it so much. Cusomer service is our number one priority here, and it's great that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I definitely agree with you that our location is fantastic, and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it!

It was our pleasure to host you during your trip, and we would love to welcome you back to The Liaison when you return to DC for business or pleasure. Please do not hesitate to contact my office directly any time.

Near Yosemite
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

William G. and Ervin B. at the front desk are the best.

I was in D. C. for a legislative conference and had a reservation at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill. I called the Hyatt and told them that I was going to be late, but, they cancelled my reservation without my knowledge. I arrived and was very dissapointed that I didn't have a place to stay.

I walked across the street to The Liasion and explained my predicament to Ervin & William. They were very gracious and professional. There was a room available but the rate was much higher than the conference rate at the Hyatt. I explained that I was only authorized by my company to spend the conference rate and they were gracious and kind enough to give me the room at the conference rate so I wouldn't personally have to pay the difference. And they also gave me complementary internet access. As you can imagine, my stress level dropped to zero. THANK YOU WILLIAM & ERVIN.

Also, don't miss dinner at ART & SOUL, the restaurant in the lobby. Excellent soul food. Had lunch and dinner there with 7 of my colleagues and everyone thought the food was exceptional. The service was the best.

If you're ever need to visit Capitol Hill, The Liaison will not disappoint.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
LiaisonCapitolHill, General Manager at The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear davidinCalifornia,

I know technically this is your second time hearing this, but thank you very much for your kind note. I will definitely pass your comments along to William and Ervin as well. I'm so glad to hear that they turned an initially negative experience into such a positive one for you.

I'm also glad your experience at our celebrated restaurant, Art and Soul, was memorable for you and your colleagues. I will personally tell Chef Art Smith about the great time that you had here along with your colleagues.

We were all very happy to host you at The Liaison, and I would love to welcome you back to DC whenever you return for business or pleasure.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Is too much to expect that once can stay in a hotel room and have to endure hearing 'everything' that goes on in the room next door? This was our rather unpleasant experience at the Liaison.
A tip for future guests - don't leave anything behind at this place or you will need to take out a personal loan in order to have it returned to you.

Stayed April 2011
Dear clarmol,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Liaison, Capitol Hill on TripAdvisor. We always like to get feedback from guests so that we know what we are doing well at the hotel and what we can do better.

I apologize for the issues that it sounds like you encountered.

Please feel free to reach out to us at 202-434-0108 with any concerns. We would love to speak to you.

Dani Elhachem

Been to The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel? Share your experiences!