“Nothing to dye for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of ICI Urban Bistro

ICI Urban Bistro
806 15th Street NW, Sofitel Lafayette Square, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Dupont Circle)
(202) 730-8700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
ICI Urban Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 2,710 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 15th St. & H St.
Transit: Mc Pherson square station (orange & blue line)
Description: Both iCi Urban Bistro and Le Bar are as vibrant and cosmopolitan as the District itself. Located one block from Lafayette Square and the White House, The Smithsonian, and other renowned museums and monuments, the Bistro holds its own among the trendy Washington DC list of "places to be seen". The dynamic space welcomes guests with cool, modern ambiance and exciting innovations on traditional French cuisine. You won’t find a more desirable place for business meetings, special occasions, or dinners with friends. There is even a private dining area that accomodates up to 25 people.
“Nothing to dye for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

If everything booked try then. Restarant was empty not very popular. Service was very slow but nice and polite.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at ICI Urban Bistro, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I do hope you enjoyed your meal, even if the atmosphere was different that you prefer. I am confident that when you join us again you will find the environment to be warm and welcoming, the perfect accent to delicious cuisine!

Chicago, Illinois
“Still tops in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Readers of my past reviews already know my wife and I love this place. We have been here for meals at least 15 time since our last review, and just want to let friends know that it is still very much the star performer of the restaurants near the White House. Since our last review, the outside patio has been expanded and upgraded, and the wine and champaign list has been even further expanded. This is a great place if you like fine service, and the ability to have a pleasant conversation in a quiet atmosphere. Always a great meal here -- and I am going on 11 years as a customer.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
First and foremost thank you for your loyalty! It is a treat to welcome back returning customers, and we love to have your feedback as evidence of our ever growing food and beverage program at Sofitel. Chef Loquet has just launched his new seasonal menu for Fall, and there are several dishes that are alone worth the trip from Chicago!!

Merci beaucoup!

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Terrace Dining With Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner here after a long overseas trip. The menu was limited (something I personally appreciate) and the food was great - flavorful as French cuisine is, and with European style portions being served. The escargot, chicken crepes and hanger steak we ordered were delicious. Service was also great. The only aspect preventing me from rating this local with five stars is the outside noise which with passing trucks, sometimes got a bit loud. Regardless, I recommend visiting this restaurant. Every hotel employee I met was very welcoming, refined and helpful. I will definitely consider staying here on my next visit, and order in room dining from .

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for choosing Sofitel and iCi Urban Bistro in Washington D.C. I am pleased to know you enjoyed our Chef's selection of menu choices, balanced between traditional French and contemporary bistro. The patio is a lovely option for lounging and dining, and the inside of iCi can be a quieter option, both with the same excellent menu. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Wonderful Low-Cal Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This excellent restaurant, close to the White House and other tourist destination. is in the Sofitel. It offered an alternative low-cal menu, or series of specials, with the calories listed by each item. Three of us ordered from these specials and could not believe how yummy they were: A fish tartare, a chicken tajine, and a seafood medley, as well as some amazing desserts-- My husband ordered from the regular menu and was quite pleased as well, and his high-cal dessert--a hazlenut ice-cream with meringue concoction--was the rave of the evening.

The service was excellent, too, friendly and attentive, and receptive to questions.

Visited August 2013
You experienced Chef Loquet's delectable De-Light menu. The De-Light program was initiated through our partnership with Thalassa spas at some of our international Sofitel properties. The concept is to provide a calorie conscious option without sacrificing the enjoyment of a delicious seasonal dish. De-Light options are available in iCi Urban Bistro as well as through In Room Dining. Like this you can save some calories for those amazing croissants!!

Northridge
“Crepes to die for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

After a long trip I finally return home and for the first time in many a day I felt the need to write a review. On July 31 I had a fantastic meal at the ICI Urban Bistro. It started out with one of the best crepes that I have had in a long time, ‘iCi Chicken Crepes’. It reminded me of some of the crepes that I enjoyed while in France. The melting of the delicate flavors of the tarragon veloute sauce was outstanding. If I had stopped there I would have said the night was a success but I went on to the “St Canut Farm Piglet” and found the blending of the soft meat texture and sauce with the crisp outer layer of pork belly to be just amazing. Even though I was full ending the meal with the 3-cheese raisin walnut bread proved to be the final touch. The service was well attended, prompt, and evenly paced so that one could enjoy all of the presented flavors.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
One could get hungry just reading your delicious review!! Thank you for sharing your experience, and your meal, with us! The chicken crepes are certainly a classic for us, and worth writing home about. They are one of the few menu items that does not change, as they are the favorite of so many guests. The suckling piglet was a fabulous addition, and I am pleased to know that you were able to save a little room for our traditional cheese experience. After all, how else better to end a meal than with fresh homemade breads and a selection of cheese?!

A bientot,