“Great food, atmosphere and wine!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cork Wine Bar

Cork Wine Bar
1720 14th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)
202-265-2675
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #473 of 2,710 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great food, atmosphere and wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our favourite restaurant while visiting DC. When our hotel tried to book a table for us they recommended to call up half an hour before we wanted to come to put our name on the waitlist. So we did, and once we got there we waited for about 20 minutes in the bar with a glas of sparkling wine before we got the table. It was located up on a little balcony and was very cosy. The restaurant serves plates to share and the food was great, we loved it all! Wine to match was recommended by the waitor. We saw a table celebrating next to us and the owner (we think) brought over a bottle of wine for the girl, nice gesture!

The resturant is very busy (maybe a bit noisy!) and so is the bar, lots of different wines to chose from by the glass and lovely atmosphere! Defenitely worth a visit!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Best wine bar in dc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

LoVe wine bars. Been to
Them all over the world. This is as gOod as it gets and the food is remarkable as well. You will enjoy the food. Love the wine and take in a great scene.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great fun, good wine, perfect for a date.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I really enjoyed my most recent visit to cork.

The wine list is all european wine, which could be intimidating. The servers will help you make a selection if needed. Overall, I liked the selection and I liked that the modestly priced bottles were very good.

The food is also quite tasty. Other reviewers have recommended the Avocado, and the cheese selection, I concur. Pick something that looks good to you and you can't go wrong.

If I had to pick nits, the menu is a bit pork-heavy. There are some, but not a lot of vegetarian options. I was very happy there, but it's worth reading the menu before you go, to make sure that you will be taken care of.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
1,759 reviews 1,759 reviews
“Good vibe, nice food (don't miss the avocado or the cheeses)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Cork is a nice place to come with some friends and share some different types of food.
My fav was the avocado, calamari and shrimp, kona kampachi and the cheese selection of 3.
I didn't enjoy much the pan crisped brioche. It's like a sandwich with a fried egg on top. I think that one doesn't work well in a "share concept". It's really hard to share a fried egg!
And the sautée exotic mushrooms weren't amazing. In fact this dish was a little mediocre. I had great expectations about it because I love mushrooms and Madeira.
It's a small restaurant so I would say that is better to do a reservation.
It seems a good place to taste some wine.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice wine bar with a cool vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Soft lights, small tables, small plates and an excellent wine list give this place a cool vibe and made me feel almost in Barcelona for one night. Outdoor tables face 14th St NW (not really the Balearic Sea), so I would definitely recommend indoor dining. It's all about sharing and food is simple, yet really good. We had a nice selection of cheese from around the world, fried calamari, soft-shell crab BLT and an excellent crostata for dessert. Definitely a very good find for a small party of friends looking for a casual dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere