“I enjoyed lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marrakech Restaurant DC

Marrakech Restaurant DC
2147 P Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Marrakesh Palace) (Dupont Circle)
(202) 775-1882
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marrakech Restaurant DC is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #657 of 2,498 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Moroccan, Middle Eastern
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 22nd and P Streets, NW
Transit: 2 blocks from Red Line Dupont Circle & Foggy Bottom Blue Line
Description: Our Executive Chef and Owner, Amin Jabri is excited to bring Morocco to Washington DC and share his experience and his love of food with all of our guests. Born in Morocco and raised in a house that catered to royals and heads of state, Chef Amin learned early on how to prepare the delicious and savory food that is so unique to Morocco. After attending culinary school in France, Chef Amin returned to Morocco to begin his own catering company. After moving between Africa, Europe, and Morocco, Chef Amin came to settle in Washington DC. Here he is able to do what he loves and share a little taste of Morocco with the nation's capital. Marrakesh P Street is a wonderful combination of the taste of Morocco and warm hospitality. Upon entering the doors, you will be greeted with the lush atmosphere of a classic Moroccan lounge. Order from some of our classic, traditional Moroccan dishes and experience something completely unique in the heart of Dupont Circle.
Seattle, Washington
“I enjoyed lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I am interested in learning to cook Moroccan food so was pleased that Marrakech was in walking distance from my hotel. I had a very enjoyable lunch special which include Harira soup with saffron and ginger, a roll with a yummy sauce to dip it in and a Tagine with chicken, olives and preserved lemons.The dish was very tasty. My waiter was from Morocco and we had a nice discussion about his homeland.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Memphis, TN
“Pretty average and unexciting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Got the paella - was pretty unimpressive. was supposed to have all of this wonderful seafood, which for the most part was frozen stringy tasting stuff.

Spouse a kebab meal which was acceptable.

Service is pretty average.

Beware that the bottle of mineral water sitting on your table costs 7.00.

In sum, not the worst meal in the world, but nothing that would make us want to return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orem, Utah
“Handled a large group well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

About 17 people descended on this restaurant, with a reservation but ever-changing numbers of people, and the staff handled that stress very well. We ordered various appetizers and they came out hot and tasty in a timely way. The food was very good, interesting flavors, good sized portions. The ambiance was very nice and the staff was very accommodating. I would definitely go again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Moroccan in the city. Tasty meal with live entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Food: very tasty. We had the grape leaves stuffed with spinach and cheese. Very tasty. I also had the beef and chucken kabobs. Dont leave sithout tasting something with lamb because they prepare it exceptionally well.

Atmosphere was very cozy. Pillowtop couch with moroccan themed decor. There was a man dressed in moroccan clothing at the door to greet you. There was also a belly dancer that came around every twenty minutes or so....she wasnt good at bellydancing at all but it was all about the atmosphere and setting the scene.

Service was great. They catered to our every request and they were very attentive.

Recommend attending with a group. Order several appetizers and share. It makes the experience. I would go again. (Parking is typical of a busy DC street)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“The worst Middle Eastern restaurant I've ever been to”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I'm a New Yorker, I'm Middle Eastern, I'm not a picky eater, I go out to eat A LOT, and I can honestly say that this experience was one of the worst I've ever had at a restaurant in my LIFE.

We walked in on our first night in D.C. and it was completely empty, we were the only ones there.We ordered food, nothing out of the ordinary.
I had chicken kabobs with rice (which is a dish that is extremely difficult to mess up), and my husband ordered a steak.

After a long period of waiting, my kabobs arrived and were completely charred. They were inedible, and burnt to the point of no return. His steak arrived, and consisted of 90% fat and 10% actual meat, it was disgusting.

I called over the sever and asked if it was possible for them to remake my chicken dish as it was extremely difficult to eat. They took it back, and apologized. By this point, my appetite was lost.

My husband, not wanting to complain, tried to make the best out of his meal.
My entree arrived, charred yet again. This time, I didn't even touch it.
This ruined our first night in D.C.

We paid, we left, and then I called American Express and had the charge disputed. I won.

Long story short, please do NOT visit this restaurant if you are looking for edible, delicious, and authentic Middle Eastern cuisine. We were extremely disappointed coming here.

• Visited May 2012