“Hip, comfortable, and yummy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tryst Coffee House and Bar

Tryst Coffee House and Bar
2453 18th Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)
202-232-8800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #119 of 2,699 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
kljohnston2
“Hip, comfortable, and yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went to Tryst for the first time per the recommendations of some DC locals. I ordered the Turkish flat bread (feta, prosciutto, fig spread, and spinach)...ummm DIVINE!!!! Paired this entree with a delicious cup of chai latte...BEST I'VE EVER HAD!

It's restaurants like this that restore my hope for ancient Dicken-esque pubs and coffee shops.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been going here for a few years now, I love the food and atmosphere. At times I don't care for some of the waiters but the great coffee and baristas.

• Visited July 2013
Caracas, Venezuela
“Great place for drinks and dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The ambiance is great, filled with young adults, studying or working on their laptops (plugs everywhere). Something like Central Perk from Friends with large couches to relax on and large tables. Seating can be very tricky but it is worth it. We went for drinks and dessert, both really good. The food looked great. The staff was super friendly and very attentive, specially since I left my sunglasses in the bathroom and came back 2 minutes later.... gone. So please don't leave your belongings behind

Visited November 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I were recently visiting some friends in the area and they brought us here for breakfast one morning. They were raving about the place and I have to say we weren't disappointed! The Santa Cruz bagel is delicious! The coffee and tea are pretty fabulous as well. The atmosphere is very cozy and welcoming and the prices are VERY reasonable. If you are in the area I would definitely recommend checking this place out!

• Visited July 2013
Maryland
“A real coffee house for real people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I go to Tryst when ever I am in DC which is often. I discovered it by accident with an old friend about 8 years ago. We were in DC for the day roaming around Adams Morgan (my favorite part of DC) looking for a place to grab a quick bite, we ended up staying almost the entire day.

Tryst is a local spot that is authentic to the city. It's not a chain. The furniture is mis-matched tables, couches, and large chairs. The entire front of the building opens to the street (as many places do in DC). The vibe is exactly what you would want when your kicking back with some good friends or a good book. The staff is friendly and they don't care how long you stay. Later it turns from a coffee house to a late night spot that is just as fantastic.

The coffee is good and the food is good which is the topper to this truly beautiful Washington DC treasure.

• Visited August 2012