“My new fav!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Newseum

Newseum
555 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)
+1 888-639-7386
and up
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Find out for yourself why everyone is calling the Newseum the best experience Washington, D.C. has to offer. Each of the seven levels in this magnificent building is packed with interactive exhibits that explore how news affects our shared experience of historic moments. Whether you have just a few hours or want to spend all day, you’ll find something for everyone in the family in the Newseum's 15 theaters and 15 galleries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sarasota, Florida
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“My new fav!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We spent most of a day at Newseum. It's so nicely done. The exhibits are extremely informative, and thought provoking. You come away with tons of facinating information. I love the fact that there are lots of interactive exhibits, film clips everywhere, and lots to read. We began with the orientation to the museum on the concourse level near the Berlin Wall. Worth doing. Then we went to the 4D movie since it was nearby. After those two experiences you have some idea what the museum is all about. Then we went up to the top floor ---where there is a wonderful view of the Capitol building and the Washington Mall (think photo op!). After reading the front pages from newspapers worldwide, we made our way through exhibit after exhibit, floor after floor. There is so much to see and do! After our minds were filled with facts and images --we decided to take a break and grab lunch at cafe on the bottom level which is catered by Wolfgang Puck. We were happily surprised to find that food was great--and fairly priced. Who knew? In any event, go to the museum--you'll have a fabulous time. The only thing I think they could do to improve the museum is prepare a better museum guide. The one they hand out doesn't really explain what you're going to see on each floor. That would have been helpful. They are adding a JFK exhibit which opens in early April. That will be cool to see.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Suwannee, Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Under construction/renovation, not worth price. Interactive segments all down. Great September 11th memorial and information section.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Worth paying for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had attended two amazing events at the Newseum over the past couple of years and finally decided to visit it as a tourist one day. I was not disappointed. It is an amazing building, in a great location with fantastic views. Not to mention the layout of the newseum is well thought out. I spent much more time that I thought i would but walked away with so much knowledge!
The events there are very well done too!
Don't miss visiting the newseum the next time you are in DC!

Visited October 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Worthwhile stop while in DC.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My hubby and I stopped in while visiting DC. Overall, there was a lot of information and great exhibits. The flow of the museum obviously had thought put into it, but it didn't lend itself to simple navigation; it was sometimes difficult to figure out how to move between floors. The Pulitzer Prize display was especially moving - this may have been the highlight of the visit. Other snapshots from history were also neat to see.

New York City, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fun, fun, fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The kids had an amazing time at Newseum. Where do I start? There were so many hands on activities for the kids. We loved creating our own front page of the newspaper. I think we spent a lot of time there. Also, we answered questions and wrote our opinions and read opinions. That was fun. The Berlin Wall gave us pause. The 9/11 exhibit made me remember that day vividly and I wanted to cry. Oh and the area where you pretended to be a reporter. The kids loved that. Worth every penny. I think we spent about five hours here and the kids (5 and 7) were thoroughly entertained the entire time. Awesome !!

Visited March 2013

Been to Newseum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Newseum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.