“Perfect place for camera buffs and hikers” 5 of 5 stars

Pine Creek Gorge
Tioga State Forest, PA 16901
Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Hiking, Canoeing, Biking, Viewing wildlife, Driving, Group tours/day tour, Fishing, Camping/rv
More attraction details
Owner description: This canyon runs for approximately 47 miles and is 1,450 feet at its maximum depth.
Ajax, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Perfect place for camera buffs and hikers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

One thing that bugs me about Pennsylvania. You have fantastic scenery, but there is no place to pull over and take photo's or even admire it. Whether it be covered bridges or
the local folk. This place is the exception, Never knew of this place until the bride noticed it on the map. Looked in some local points of interest books and newpapers and decided it was worth the time to get off the hwy on our way home and have a look. Got some great photo's and wished we had more time to do one of the hikes. It will be even more sensational in a few more weeks when the leaves begin to change. Will be coming back

Visited September 2012

Thornhurst, Pa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Make sure to visit Timeless Destination after the Canyon for some amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Great place. If you lobe a nice walk and to experience nature, it is wonderful. When we were there, the Eagles were soaring.There is much more to do as well, so make a whole day out of it.
Stop by Timeless Destination, Jay the owner is wonderful. The food AMAZING
The Cruz Family

Randolph, New York
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenry...lush and green”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We decided to drive home along Rt 6 heading west. We stayed 2 nights in Wellsboro so that we could take in the PA Grand Canyon. While it is not the rocky Grand Canyon of Arizonia, it is well worth taking the time to take in the views. Views from the Leonard Harrison State Park ridge and the Colton Point State Park ridge both offer spectaular scenry. You can only imagine how beautiful it will be in the fall. Take a picinic lunch and enjoy the peaceful silence.

Visited July 2012
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Motorcycling in PA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We departed the Philly suburbs Friday night, stayed in a great Hilton Garden just of Rt 115 just south of Wilkes-Barre. There was a great Japanese steakhouse right next door which you have to try. The name eludes me now, Sorry! The next day we took off for the PA Grand Canyon. It’s just a quick 125 miles from Wilkes-Barre. Go up Rt 93, following the river, to Rt6. The Grand Canyon has beautiful views from the top where the lookouts are but if you're on a bike, take the trek down and around to the bottom. It's about 100- 120 miles with some really great roads. Definitely stay in Wellsboro. I recommend The Sherwood Motel. As motels go, it's the best. It’s family owned and right in the heart of town. By the way this is a motorcycle friendly town. All the locals were so friendly and gave us honest advice on where to eat and drink after the days ride. After departing Wellsboro and heading home to Philly, go back down the canyon and get on Rt 44 heading to Jim Thorpe. It's was truly a great bike road. A great 2-3 day ride.

Visited August 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Wonderful Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I thought I had gotten lost on the way to the "canyon" so I had stopped at the Tioga County Visitors Bureau and I am so glad I did. The folks there are really nice and provided maps. It ended up I wasn't lost at all but the information I received from the Visitors Bureau helped me a lot.

If you are looking for hiking trails and to be more in touch with nature go to the west rim at Colton State park accessible off Rte 6.

If you are traveling with people who have mobility issues, small children or cannot negotiate hiking trails go to the East rim at Leonard Harrison State Park which is basically at the end of Rte 660. I was traveling with my parents - both in their 70s and this side worked out very well for us. There are some nature hiking trails that are well marked with what you will see and the distances. For us the best trail had the rock and concrete paths and steps. There were handrails and platforms that provided really nice views of the area, as well as, places to rest if needed. There are nice, clean restrooms, a gift shop, a small display of the local wildlife and a continually running video about the area. There is also a covered picnic area. We enjoyed this park very much and will probably stop here again if we are back in the area.

Visited July 2012