“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

This was the BEST massage I've ever had. I bought a Living-social groupon earlier in the year, intending to save it for after the hell that is Restaurant Week. I'm so glad I did.. 12 straight busy nights of running, hiking stairs (whoever designed a 3-floored restaurant is a sadist), and carrying heavy plates killed my body and mental health. Two hours here left me refreshed and hurting in a good way. I upgraded to the 90 min. coconut infusion massage, and every minute was wonderful. It was the first massage where I actually understood why they call it "massage therapy" and not "rubbing oil on your body". The therapist saw the way I was standing and instantly knew which parts of my body needed to be addressed. He was very knowledgeable about how the body was put together and how one area of stress may affect other parts of your body. Initially, I had concerns regarding a male therapist, I had always had females, but he was very respectful, constantly adjusting the sheet to maintain my modesty. I wish that the walls had a little more insulation, as our therapy room was next to the break room, and the chatter of the employees on break were a bit disruptive to my zen moment. The therapist suggested some retail when he escorted me out to the lobby, which is usually where you get some overpriced cream suggestion, but he suggested a mustard detox bath powder at a whopping four dollars. Fabulous (and it was), I'll take it. I also wish that the tea bar/lobby were staffed better, I stood at the tea bar looking at a menu for a full five minutes waiting for service after my massage. I never got it, so I took some of the complimentary tea which was a cool-lukewarm and relaxed in the lounge with my book for about ten minutes. I would have stayed longer and had a large pot of tea and some snacks if i had been able to get service. Please run more groupons!! I want to enjoy you more than my bank account will let me!

Visited July 2011

Been to Urbana CitySpa & Teabar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Urbana CitySpa & Teabar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.