“WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It wasn't till I got a job working at a firetower that I started visiting other firetowers in W.N.C. I worked for 3 fireseasons at the Spruce Pine tower on Charlie Woody Mtn. in Mitchell County. I grew up in Swain County, so I started visiting towers in the D-9 district. The views from Cowee Bald , Frye Mtn., and other towers were stupendous! Had always heard the views from Toxaway approached the unreal. My first visit was a dud-- sunshine till about 30 minutes away from the mountain and then Boom- big thunderstorm that refused to leave. My second visit-Boom, clear skies, strong winds, and a view that brought tears to my eyes! Would recommend that anyone thinking about going up Toxaway take a camera, any kind of camera as the view from the top does approach the unreal--at least for me it does!!!!

Visited August 2012

1 review from our community

Been to Toxaway Fire Tower? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Toxaway Fire Tower, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.