“Dog gone it!” 5 of 5 stars

NV
Improve this listing
Activities: Swimming, Viewing foliage
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach which is good for dog owners and offers a beautiful view of Mount Tallac and alpine meadows.
“Dog gone it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Awesome! Beautiful beach w friendly people and dogs! A true dog paradise and relaxation for their human companions!

Visited July 2012

Citrus Heights, California
“Beautiful, clean Sunny beach that allows dogs!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This beach was totally chill! People were super friendly and so were their dogs! I was amazed how many different dogs there were! I own a small Pomeranian but kept him on a chain because he likes to run off but people had their dogs off leashes and they were all friendly (big and small) My dog had a blast as did the kids and everyone else with me! This beach is so beautiful and relaxing, it makes you feel like you are in Hawaii or something with the beautiful soft sandy beach and surrounding mountains. There is no shade so if you are sensitive to the sun I would recommend bringing a beach umbrella because there are no trees to cool off under. This was fine with me though because I wanted to soak up the sun! (ok cue Sheryl Crow lol). If you don't like dogs I would recommend another beach. This is a DOG beach! (but I did not see ANY dog poo..very CLEAN!) The marsh and meadow behind just add to the tranquility of this place. This is my new favorite beach at South Tahoe! I WILL be back! Oh and another note..Free parking!!! but we came on a Monday afternoon and there was NO parking so we waited about 5-10 minutes til people left..but I am wondering how bad the parking may be on the weekend :/ I wonder if there is somewhere else you could park to get to this gem of a beach!

Visited June 2012