“Stunning!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
30 attraction reviews
“Stunning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I cannot rave enough about Glacier NP; it is breathtaking, serene, isolated, and packs a punch to your senses. I never felt crowded or rushed, as I have in bigger national parks, and it felt more "real"...whatever that means to you...in the sense that it was less inhabited and marketed. The views are stunning, simply put, and it is worth an afternoon of your day.

Visited July 2012

• Hebrew first
Las Vegas, Nevada
41 attraction reviews
“Snow Covered Peaks, Waterfalls, and Stunning Scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Took the Going to the Sun road early during the week of the 4th of July. There was little traffic and we were able to go up to the top without stopping. The pull-offs were perfectly placed for pictures. The visitor's center was still covered in snow. We hiked around on the snow for a while (didn't do a trail, just played in the snow). We brought lunch with us and ate it sitting on the wall on the far end of the parking lot. The visitor's center at the east side of the park was nice as well. The Native American information was helpful in understanding how important it is for us to take care of these national treasures.

Even in July, most of the trails were covered in snow. Most of them were still closed. We did not plan to hike here but did enjoy playing in the snow.

Visited July 2012
Seminole, Florida
46 attraction reviews
“Very pretty views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

In comparing Glacier national park to Yosemite or Yellowstone national parks, both of the latter parks rate higher. I really enjoyed my trip to Glacier, the hiking trails were very well groomed. The only real downfall was the amount of people on the trails. I definitely didn't get away from it all!! Plus, I was really nervous because people brought their babies in their arms and tiny children to just run around. The hiking trails in many places are very narrow and I had visions of children falling off the mountains to certain death. Yes, we did see a black bear, some mountain sheep and elk on this trip.

Visited August 2012
Rustenburg, South Africa
47 attraction reviews
“If you like winter beauty, you will LOVE Glacier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was not able to complete the full route through Glacier, as the road was still closed. Bt I drove as far as I ould from both sides, and it was magnificent! I WILL go back, and I will spend more time there. For those who love snow and ice and glaciers, this is as good as it gets.

Visited June 2012
Sauk City, Wisconsin
“Hiking the Avalanche Lake Trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My grown daughter and i hiked the trail on a beautiful late spring day in May. We took many awesome pictures on the way up, including those of a young deer, standing only five feet from us. When we reached the lake, we were informed by other hikers that we had just missed seeing a mother grizzly and her two cubs. They had chased a young moose into the other side of the lake and proceeded to come around and try to catch it when it came out of the water. The moose came out of the water, very tired, it was a long swim, and stayed by the ranger and hikers. After a few minutes he ran off and the bears stopped 3/4's of the way around the lake. The ranger was telling people to leave, luckily there were two wildlife photographers there, they caught everything with their huge camera lenses. They showed us their fabulous footage, how lucky was that. Then we got to enjoy the beautiful lake and mountains in all their glory, can't wait to go back, we heard early June is best, not so crowded, and the sun road would be open.

Visited May 2012