“I wish I could bathe in the water falls” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular spot for visitors, this scenic and dramatic 60-foot waterfall is located in Mount Washington State Forest.
highland, NY
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“I wish I could bathe in the water falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I went via Copake Falls NY. The trail is great. All along the trail the stream flows nearby and you can go to the stream, sit down, take pictures. Water is quite cold even in summer months otherwise swimming under the falls will be great fun. Swimming is prohibited though as per the signs in the park.

Visited July 2011

Asheville, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Take the longer trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

There are two trails to the falls -- a short one from the Massachusetts side, and a longer one from the New York side. Initially we tried the shorter one. It turns out that it is *very* steep, and not very well marked; after about ten minutes of scrambling down the rocky path, we couldn't see any more markers, and went back up rather than risk getting lost.

The next day we tried again, this time from New York side. There the path was wide (almost like a road), and a gradual climb along the river to the falls. A perfect walk on a warm fall day.

Visited September 2011
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Good cold fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stopped here to see the falls and took swim even though the sign says not too. It was a perfect spot to chill (pun intended) after a strenuous hike on a hot, muggy day. The water is very cold but you get used to it. We hung out for an hour or so enjoying the natural beauty of the place and making friends with other visitors and their dogs. Everyone offered to take photos of each other's group and a good time was had by all. Good old fashioned family fun.

Visited September 2010
Franklin Lakes,NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worthwhile short day trip while in Berkshires”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We went to Bash-Bish Falls July 2011 and were pleasantly surprised. There are actually 2 falls that come together in a "V" shape, from about 80 feet above. The Falls are beautiful and the hike up was not very strenuous. There are 2 hikes you may choose from-we did the lower hike up from the parking lot.The hike is less than 1 mile and should be done with sneakers or hiking shoes. We saw many families and dogs on the trail. Great activity for couples and families. There are"no swimming" signs posted and this was enforced. I would definitely recommend this activity while in the Berkshires.

Visited July 2011
Glendale, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It's beautiful and a great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I've been coming here since I was a kid with my family, back in the 60's. When I got married I came up here with my wife and kids. Now that my kids are married we still come up here with them and my Grandchildren. We have done the hiking down the mountain to the falls and the hiking trail up to the falls and we always had a great time. The scenery at the Summit is really great. I recommend this attraction to anyone who wants to get away for the day. I live 120 miles away and it's a nice day trip if you don't mind the drive. (I'm from nyc).

Visited June 2011