“WOW! When do I get to go again!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Upper Iowa River
IA
Improve this listing
A TripAdvisor Member
“WOW! When do I get to go again!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2005

Talk about Beautiful! More picture perfect scenery than a Kodak catalog!! The river was quiet and relaxing. The canoe trip was probably the most fun I have had in a decade. Its like you get to be in your own little world and peace of mind. There was enough twists and turns to keep you in the thrill of the rowing, yet vast enough to make it a quick trip if your in a race. The people were all very down to earth and hospitable. Plenty of camping and small town resteraunts near the river, or within short driving distance. Chimney Rock, Randy's Bluffton Store are 2 popular camping sites right on the river. There is usually firewood available at both sites. I plan on canoeing the river as many times this season that I can. It will be one of those trips that keeps you coming back!!!