“Serene place right off Sunset and PCH” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Santa Monica, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Serene place right off Sunset and PCH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is as good as it can get on trip advisor, reviews from a local. Take it from me, when I lived in the valley I would come here as part of my day on the westside, yoga at Bryan Kest Power Yoga, smoothie at Jamba Juice and a take a short drive to this stunning and serene garden,

It is the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of fourth street. I would have never expected something like this close to the touristy Santa Monica area.

Free entrance, meditation class on Thursday and services Sunday mornings. Parking can be limited, if you can figure out the bus route to here, I would definitely consider a bus pass.

A great addition to a day going to the Getty Villa if someone was headed out that way. This place closes most days at 4:30pm.

Visited August 2013

Acton, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Peaceful and breathtakingly beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I was brought here by a friend who is very engaged in the principles that are espoused by Yogananda. I essentially came along for the ride to see some beautiful gardens. I surely was not disappointed; the plantings and landscaping are lush, perfectly maintained, and have a magical design and balance. But that was just a tiny part of the reward of joining him; I felt a tremendous sense of equilibrium while strolling around the lake and through its landscaped paths. I was able to imagine why a movement like this had engendered such a powerful and devoted following.

And don't worry: if you go only for the gardens, that's ok too. Just go.

Visited June 2013
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazingly tranquil garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Wow, how did not we visit it sooner! Stunning beauty just off sunset blvd. in Pacifi Palisade. Make sure to take many photos!

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Best quiet spot in LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am so thankful to the person who introduced me to this place. You will never believe what an incredibly contemplative place it is. There are words of widsom from various religious traditions all around. I didn't even want to disrupt the quiet with pictures. This is a must-visit location if you appreciate finding quiet in busy cities.

Visited July 2012
Los Angeles, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Meditate,reflect & relax.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Lake Shrine has always been a personal favorite place for me.It's really a meditative,relaxing place to be still or walk quietly and reflect on life.Or nothing.Or ducks.There are beautiful gardens,a serene lake and little chapel-all great for meditation.
It's so peaceful here-I have come here with friends but once you get here you just want to relax.It's not a place for chatting or cell phones- I have not experienced that here.
They do have classes and events for self realization/meditation.
I love it here.