“Homey, Cozy, Lovely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Slide Mountain Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alaska
Slide Mountain Cabins
You added Slide Mountain Cabins to your Saves list
Mile 135 Glenn Hwy, AK   |
Ranked #247 of 529 Specialty Lodging in Alaska
Medford, New Jersey, United States
“Homey, Cozy, Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed here in August of 2010 with my folks when we took a road trip from Anchorage to Fairbanks and back down again. We stayed in a cozy little cabin with a shower inside (I forget which number).

I must say, the location, the cabin, AND the hosts were beyond exceptional. I was pleasantly surprised with the condition of the cabin... the decorations were cute and homey. The bed and sheets was more comfortable than my one at home! The TV received more channels than any other hotel we stayed at (I got to watch my beloved South Park).

Over all, Slide Mountain will always stick out in my mind as THE best place we stayed at in Alaska. The family that owned it (not sure if they still do) were very gracious and helpful, and the cleanliness and coziness of this place made my experience clearly memorable.

Can't say enough about this place. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

We stayed in Cabin #5 on August 27, 2008. We were delighted not only with our cabin but also with our host. He made a point of coming over to our cabin shortly after we checked in to make sure we knew where the grills were located and to also make sure we understood how to turn on the heat (it was a chilly evening). He also invited us to enjoy the fire pit and gazebo and just really made us feel welcome.
The area was clean and well kept, and to respond to a comment that had been posted earlier in the year regarding the popcorn expiration date.......I did check and the expiration date on our popcorn was 2009 and the hot chocolate was current also. I enjoyed both!!
The cabin was roomy, exceptionally clean and well decorated. We had everything we needed and truly enjoyed our stay!

• Liked — Clean, spacious, great staff
  • Disliked — not having the time to stay more than one night
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Riverton, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

My husband and I ran across this place after leaving Glennallen on our way to Anchorage. The location is beautiful. The resort is set up for RV's with hookups, tent sights, and cabins. There. is a "gathering room" with a grill and fireplace for guest use. There are cabins with shared baths and also private baths. We took cabin #4 with a private bath (shower), frig, microwave, one queen and one twin bed. The room was decorated very nicely with moose design bedding, hardwood floor and gas fireplace. This cabin was very new. All this and in Alaska for $99 per night. Considering lodging prices in Alaska, this cabin was a bargin at that price. Family was very nice that ran the Lodge.

• Liked — gas fireplace and the beaver pond behind lodge
  • Disliked — mirrow in bathroom had not been hung on wall yet
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Lampang, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

We were pleasantly suprised about the cleanliness of the cabins and facilities at Slide Mnt. Cabins. They were clean, well maintained and lovely. The hosts were helpful and always pleasant. The hosts recommended places to go fishing and fossil hunting. We strongly recommend Slide Mnt. Cabins. We plan to return on our return trip.

• Liked — The beautiful cozy cabins and cleanliness, the pavillion for large groups and fireplace
  • Disliked — No cafe or resturant
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

The cabins are very nice, and very cozy. It was very warm and nice inside.
They left a microwave popcorn bag out with the coffee and some cocoa powder, which we thought was a very nice touch. The kids got all excited and decided to put the bag in the microwave. My husband then looked at the expiration date and it was 2005. Yuk! I immediately checked the date for the cocoa powder, as my younger son was asking for a cup of hot cocoa to warm up, and it was dated Nov. 2007. Add that to the fact that they didn't have any soap (luckily we had brought a soap bar), and that as we pulled the covers off one of the beds a big and thick hair ball showed up. It gave us a queasy feeling of the cabin not being clean/taken care of prior to our arrival. The sheets smelled funny and the kids made fun to see who was going to sleep in the "hairy bed."

That's a shame the owners didn't take care of these little and simple things, and that's what makes a difference between one lodging accommodation to another. The cabins very so cozy and they were located in a beautiful setting.

• Liked — Location, pretty cabins, coziness
  • Disliked — Not clean, lack of ammenities.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Slide Mountain Cabins? Share your experiences!