My wife and i arrived home from Cuba this morning having spent a terrific three weeks at the resort.Every member of staff from the gardeners through the room maids,waiting staff up to and including Frederico the General Manager were never too put out to talk to you and always had a smile at any time.We had never been that side of the water before,always having been Med people and were more than surprised and perhaps a little suspicious of our welcome. The evening shows were first class on a large outside stage or an inside one if the weather was a bit inclement,on that point when you get a storm and we had a couple or three they are like nothing you get at home believe me.You would think that the whole world is going to come down on your head. The rooms are two tier and if you can get upgraded do so.The original hotel block is looking a bit tired and the rooms do tend to show their age somewhat,bit like Benidorm at its best if you know what i mean.The newer blocks which are at the rear are much better with walk in showers,flat screen tv's and premium restaurants as well as an exclusive swimming pool which only you get to use if you're in the posh blocks.Having said all this the food is very good and very edible and the waiters are around without being pushy with coffee etc.We are going to return at some stage as we really did enjoy ourselves,our only downside was not the resort but the flight time,9-30 hours out but a bit quicker coming home,as i said we are (were) Med people so upgrade your seat on the plane if you can.We don't think you will be disappointed if you have never been before.Oh and the old yank cars really do have to be seen to be believed,how they've lasted this long i have no idea!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort is located on the seafront next to the fine white sandy beach of Playa Pesquero in eastern Cuba. Our Holguin resort is surrounded by luscious tropical vegetation. At Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort the natural environment is fully incorporated into the resort. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers spectacular views from our rooms over 36 000 m2 of gardens and natural vegetation. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers (with extra charge: Three souvenir shops including one selling Cuban tobacco. Complimentary car, moped and bicycle hire. Taxi service. Parking. Laundry service. Medical services: nursing service in the hotel and medical visits on request. Bureau de change in reception. Massage services. Hairdressers. Special dinner. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort ALL INCLUSIVE: Breakfast, lunch and buffet dinner. A la Carte dinner once a week per customer. Local beverages and select international brands. Non-motor water sports. Sporting activities: volleyball, basketball, tennis, aerobics and snorkelling Daytime and evening entertainment programme including Spanish lessons, dance classes, and nightly shows. Minibar. Teatime. Discotheque. Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Hotel Holguin
- Blau Costa Verde Cuba
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort Cuba/Holguin