Stayed 28 November until 12 December.Staff very attentive when we arrived, glassof cava and a cool cloth to wipe our faces. Buggy took us to our room, at first we were impressed with our room although it did have a slight damp smell to it.Bathroom really need updating.Coffe maker in room but they ran out of powdered creamer after the first couple of days none in hotel.Rooms really need updating.
Weather wasnt too good the first week. We had not planned to venture out of the hotel so not much to do if it is raining.Second week much better and really enjoyed the pool scene, snack bar and beach restaurant.
Booked a Wellness package £78 each with travel agent. This was fantastic and I recommend the spa. More expensive to book in resort so do it here.
We went on the 5k bike ride into Guardalavaca, bikes are old and need replacing, hubbys chain fell off, one got a puncture and another had a peddle fall off.Danny rang the hotel and told them to come and collect us from the market. Truck arrived for bikes and we were left for a long time they eventually sent a taxi for us. Danny told us to cpmplain as the bikes are not in a good state of repair. Y ou will meet Danny.
Food was excellent, we went in El Patio, Japones a Mediterrean. Lots of choice in Buffet room also.
After dinner there is only the Lobby bar, this is where the entertainment is. The hotel was only half full when we were there and I can imagine you would wait a while to be served in high season.
Internet access is 5cuc for 30mins, its very slow. Quite a few people were sick, tummy trouble. Around 40 English were ill, one lady did mention to our rep her husband was not well, he said he had had no complaints.If you are not well tell your rep. Amazingly we English discussed our toilet habits in the dining room and did not report the problem to management or the Rep.
Overall apart from a few small problems and those pesky mozzies and flea bites, we had a good time.
Would not go back to this hotel as we would not travel all that way to the same place, we would try somewhere different. The staff were so polite and friendly this made the holiday.
I would reccommend the hotel, but would say it is having a few problems at the minute,post Ike probably.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa.Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suite, 24 Junior Suite Deluxe, 16 Junior Suite Deluxe Ocean View, 2 Suite Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suite Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suite Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suite Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villa Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin