We stayed for 6 nights in a Junior Suite and we really had a very good stay. The room is very nice, comfortable and spacious, although the bathroom could be modernized. The food in the buffet restaurant was very good, sometimes a bit more variation could do good. The quality of the specialized restaurants was below the 5 stars of the hotel. The menu they served actually is just using the food that is in the buffet restaurant, we also had in one restaurant (where we had the late service) the experience that our food was each time reheated in a microwave. Most people of the staff are very kind. The quality of the drinks served in the bar is high. The quality of the drinks at the pool could be improved (a pity that often it wasn’t possible to have a mojito there).
But for a 5 star hotel they should improve several items: some of the outdoor lights in our building were broken, the outdoor light on our terrace was missing so in the evening you didn’t see a thing. On practically morning we had difficulties to have clean towels, the pool bar was out of stock and new ones only arrived at +/- 10h30, totally not done I believe! Letting guests lay down on dirty towels isn’t 5 start quality. The way to the tennis courts is used a bit like a dump: old sun umbrellas, dirt, etc.
So there are surely improvements to be made as the hotel needs to keep up with their 5 stars. But in general we were very satisfied with our staying and would definitely recommend it. Oh and the spa is a bit overpriced! Even more expensive then in Belgium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa.Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Junior Suites Deluxe, 16 Junior Suites Deluxe Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin