This is atop notch hotel and as good as you will find in Cuba. The reason that it is so good is the Spanish ownership and management, they have managed to motivate the staff who are friendly and enthusiastic. The hotel manages to shun the Cuban lack of urgency, mañana syndrome, that manifests its self over the island. Met some great people there, the bulk are Canadian and very nice, but there are some very loud ones, too much rum I think and also some seriously obese ones also. But don't let that'll you off the food is excellent always a huge choice, I don't think I have ever eaten so much seafood.
I totally recommend this as a great destination, but you must must must also do Havana its about a. 2 hour flight and you need a few night there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa.Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suite, 24 Junior Suite Deluxe, 16 Junior Suite Deluxe Ocean View, 2 Suite Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suite Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suite Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suite Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villa Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin