We chose the Pariadisu Rio De Oro has was my wife's 65 birhtday and were not disiappointed. I have little to add to previous reports which are, in the main, very comprehensive and accurate.
We travelled with Tompsons from Gatwick staying the Best Western Moat House the night before with 15 days covered parking - excellent value. We put our bags in the day before but had to check it on the day of travel - no big deal. The flight was fine as we were in Premium seats. Our arrival at Holguin was surprisingly without a hitch and we were through Passport Control within minutes and lo and behold our luggage was off the belt and waiting for us. Within minutes of arriving we were on our way to Guadalavaca by taxi - a one hour journey.
Arrival at the Hotel was smooth and we were in our room within 20 minutes. The room was clean, spacious and kept very tidy throughout our stay. We did experience 4 cockroaches (dead) in our room but that may be because we ALWAYS spray the room with Raid Ant and Cockroach killer. The fridge was re-stocked each day and clean towels were always in the bathroom. The twin beds were comfortable. Yes the bathroom could do with a little tarting up but was completely functional. Overall no complaints about our room.
The pool area was excellent although a little short of cover. The area was clean and tidy but the main pool looked a little tired but completely functional. The pool bar was excellent with waiters roaming round the pool to collect and deliver orders. Pool towels were in the room on arrival and could be exchanged as necessary. There was no pressure to enter into any animation events. The only complaint really was that if you wished to go sailing then you were only able to be a passenger - the beach lads sailed even if you were an experienced sailor.
The main bar area was outstanding and the service was of an equal standard. The restaurants were very very good. The choices in the main buffet were wide and varied and well presented. Overall again excellent.
We had an excellent stay and would strongly recommend it to fellow travellers. Our journey back to the UK was tedious (overnight travel always is). On the other hand we were through passport and other controls at Holguin in a matter of minutes. Likewise we were through Gatwick quite quickly.
In sum, we were not diappointed with this holiday and like many such Hotels the staff were outstanding. They were always cheerful and most helpful - nothing was too much for them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa.Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Junior Suites Deluxe, 16 Junior Suites Deluxe Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin