Went there for 2 weeks all inclusive. Resort is great overall, lovely surroundings, friendly service all the time, food was good in the buffet and I thought a la carte restaurants were good as well. Pool was nice but we preferred the beach. Unfortunately hurricane sandy ripped through the resort in the 2nd week we were there which caused a lot of damage to the roofs on the main building and palms trees In the resort but credit to the staff they got the resort up and running in about 2 days despite lots of them having damaged homes etc. except the pool which hadn't been refilled by the time we left.
downsides - the rooms were not what we consider 5stars/ Thomson rating. There a little shabby and the AC and fridge are very noisy. Bathrooms are in serious need of refurbishment.
- not the hotels fault but its £300 for a 1 night trip plus flights to Havana which i think is expensive so we didn't go and if we went to cuba again we would probably stay in varadaro which is much closer to Havana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa.Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suite, 24 Junior Suite Deluxe, 16 Junior Suite Deluxe Ocean View, 2 Suite Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suite Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suite Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suite Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villa Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin