The Paradisus is a beautiful all-inclusive, five-star resort for adults only. That means there are only a few couples younger than 50, which was all right with us. Food: Much better and more variety than we expected, having been in Cuba some years before.
The resort features six restaurants; the only one that was sub-par for us was one offering Japanase cuisine. (They have no sashimi , they use smoked salmon for the sushi, and they serve fried rice). The restaurant by the pool has genuine Italian-style oven-baked thin-crust pizza, and the beach resturant has great fish for lunch. (All the restaurants seem to overcook the fish, so tell them not to when ordering.)
Accommodation: The rooms are large and deluxe, with balconies in a series of two storey building surrounded by ocean and well-landscaped gardens. TV features HBO and Showtime. The upgraded suites are in duplexes.
Staff: Tremendous, friendly and at your beck-and-call.
Spa: we had massages in huts built over the ocean. Very relaxing.
Beach: Nice white sand, sheltered from the wind, with a small snorkeling reef rght off the beach -- the quietest we have been on because of the older clientele.
The entire resort, inlcuding the beach, is disabled-accessible with ramps, except for a few steps up to the room.
The evening entertainment , a song-and-dance troupe, was somehwat uneven, but pleasant.
All in all, a great experience for a restful week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa.Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suite, 24 Junior Suite Deluxe, 16 Junior Suite Deluxe Ocean View, 2 Suite Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suite Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suite Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suite Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villa Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin