I've been to the Holguin area 3 previous times for my annual "girls only" trip. Always stayed at SRDLM just down the beach from the Paradisus. We really like SRDLM, but we wanted a change. We weren't disappointed! The property is just gorgeous; the rooms spacious (jr suite for each of us - such a treat); spotlessly clean; the food was very good. The buffet was excellent and the specialty restaurants were a nice change and the food was also very good. The staff was friendly and managed as well as they could with the English language barrier for them. The spa is just awesome. It is wonderful to have a treatment (part body massage excellent and relaxing) and then we would stay for the rest of the day. The scenery is stunning. We'd sit out on our lawn chairs on the fringe of the property overlooking the ocean and just marvel at the colours. A few times there was a silly chair grabbing issue, but we worked it out.
The clientelle at the Paradisus is very different from the SRDLM. More reserved, I would say. As a result, no rousing singing and dancing very often. The theatre area is just not large enough for the crowds, unfortunately. High season must be very tough to manage. The stage appears to be too small for the entertainers - not like the huge one at SRDLM.
There are lounging areas all through the main lobby areas, which are very pretty and so nice to relax in at all times of the day. The little cantina restaurant by the main pool has great staff and good food for a luncheon snack if you don't want to go up to the main buffett. The staff are just great! It was enjoyable to sit out at the side and watch over the lagoon area. Very peaceful.
The main beach lounge area is small, but this has been mentioned before. One just has to get out early to mark and chair and USE it! There are also lots of seating areas on the upper level overlooking the beach and around the pool.
Thank you to the Management and staff for pulling together such a great team. The new chef from the Phillipines was very interesting to chat with and really keeps an eye on things, which is nice to see. Wendy from Customer Service and her cohorts were very kind and really took care of us, yet again. Thank you so much!
I must stop. I could go on and on. Just go there and check it out! You will love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ocated in the Bahía de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa.Guest Rooms354 rooms: 254 Junior Suite, 24 Junior Suite Deluxe, 16 Junior Suite Deluxe Ocean View, 2 Suite Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suite Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suite Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suite Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villa Royal ServiceDining8 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 5 Bars ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin