“Great food, nice casa (with new apartments being built)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Yodalis Trasobares

Casa de Yodalis Trasobares
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holguin
Casa de Yodalis Trasobares
You added Casa de Yodalis Trasobares to your Saves list
Rastro no.37 e/ Agramonte y Garayalde, Holguin, Cuba   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Holguin
Bermuda
“Great food, nice casa (with new apartments being built)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was the first casa I stayed in during my 4 week trip. Yodalis took me in for 2 nights after I was shafted by another casa owner. I didn't realize it at the time, but the food and hospitality here were to be some of the best of my trip.

The room was clean and comfortable enough. The bed could have been better, but then that is par for the course in most of the casas. I never did get the hot water to work properly, but I think that I just was too impatient. There is nice little area outside to have meals and relax.

The dinners here were really the highlight. The lovely lady in the kitchen is the best 'home cook' that I came across in Cuba. Her meals were not gourmet, but thoughtfully and carefully spiced and varied. The fish was my favourite and her black beans were the best I've had anywhere.

Yodalis's English is pretty good and she is a very nice person. She generally left me to my own devices, but was really helpful when I did ask for any assistance. When I realized at the last minute that I needed to get on the bus, she went out of her way to find me a casa in the next town and get me to the bus station.

This casa is not super central, but an easy 7-10 walk to the main square. As another reviewer has mentioned, you don't get a key to the front door. This didn't bother me, as I warned them when I was going to be late (after midnight) and someone was waiting up watching tele.

When I was there, Yodalis was adding two apartments upstairs. I didn't see them, but it sounded like they would be self-contained. I did notice the brand new split air conditioners, which would be a huge plus as most a/c's in Cuba are pretty noisy.

There may be more luxurious casas in Holguin, but I would come back to this casa without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holguin
The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
#1 of 1 in Praslin Quarter
5.0 of 5 stars 28 reviews
Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa
Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort

Been to Casa de Yodalis Trasobares? Share your experiences!