“My amazing stay at Elio's Casa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Casa Elio Ramos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Hostal Casa Elio Ramos
Lino Perez #159 | e/ Frank País y Pedro Zerquera, Trinidad, Cuba (Formerly Hostal Elio)   |
Ranked #6 of 216 Trinidad B&B and Inns
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“My amazing stay at Elio's Casa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Elio and his family made me feel at home the second I arrived in Trinidad. He speaks great English (and Italian) and he can dance a bit too. The food there was fantastic and he knows everybody in town so you won't get bored. The room was perfect and I'm just gutted I'm not there right now. I'll return to Cuba and pay Elio a visit someday soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

During our stay in Trinindad, Hostal Elio was our oasis, our place where to hide from cockroaches, dirtiness in streets and crowds of people. Beautiful room with our own terrace and access to the roof. So nice people here - Elio and his sister Maira. Very clean, cosy and welcoming. The best experience from whole Trinidad!

Room Tip: choose the one in second floor, with terrace :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
West Bay, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I arrived at Elio's sort of by luck since the casa I was going to stay at did not have room and asked him to meet me at the Viazul station. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Trinidad now. The house is very nice, and is partly run by his family which are very kind and fun to talk to. The food was five-star; I just mentioned to Elio what I wanted to eat before heading out to explore for the day and it was waiting for me when I got home. While in Trinidad, I wanted to go diving and on a horseback excursion. Elio made it happen. One of the highlights of my trip is when I went into the Valle de Los Ingenios with Francisco. Not only were his horses the best taken care of that I saw, but he was incredibly knowledgeable about all things flora and fauna, as well as the local history. My only regret was not being able to spend more time in Trinidad, but I will be back next year. Elio, I look forward to seeing you all again.

Room Tip: The upstairs room was very nice, but you really cannot go wrong with either.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

we stayed in Elio for 3 days, Elio was the man, great guy, great service. very helpful. Elio made our trip so much better. Elio serves the best food in Trinidad if not in the whole Cuba. It was awesome. Thank you Elio

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

after some days in the havana i was like sad about what i saw there
and then i make a travel to trinidad where i found this house the price was good and the food amazing i steel missing this days after some years

theres two rooms in the second floor very private with a nice terrasse. i heard that the cook it's a chef i don't know if it's true but i enjoy eat there

peaple are very nice very

this is not a fake message i have picture of me there on the terasse etc

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Had a lovely stay with Elio and his family!
The house is very pretty and very clean and very central, with a lovely roof terrace which is perfect for watching the sunsets with a little rum and coke.
We had a bit of an issue when we first arrived with there not being enough rooms for us, but it was easily resolved by Elio arranging a room for 2 of us at another lovely casa across the road for one night until the second room was ready.
Elios and his sister were so friendly and made us feel very welcome in their home. Their brother is an amazing chief and cooked us some of the best food we ate in Cuba, ask for the lamb which is his speciality which was so beautiful! The seafood platter was also incredible and very plentiful. You will not go hungry here!
Elliot's was also a perfect chaperon and escorted us out to the casa de musica a couple of nights and recommended other places to go- the rave cave should be experienced!
His English is also perfect and is a proffesser of languages in Trinidad. Impressive stuff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Decided to visit Trinidad from Havana on impulse, with no prior preparation. Driver recommended I meet Elio, which was the best advise I received the whole trip.

Elio was not only the kindest, most serviable host we have had in Cuba, if not anywhere in the world but his hostal is lovely, tasteful, safe, clean and oh so confortable. You will not want to leave.

House meals were excellent but Elio also proved an excellent guide to all the attractions and activities of Trinidad, whatever the time of the day. He knows and is liked by everyone, which means his guests are well received. I highly recommend a stay at Hostal Elio to anyone visiting Trinidad.

I look forward to going back and introducing my ninos to beautiful Cuba, Trinidad and my amigo Elio.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Casa Elio Ramos? Share your experiences!