“Best place of Trinidad (also Backpacker Proof!!)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Lozano's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Hostal Lozano's
You added Hostal Lozano's to your Saves list
Calle Miguel Calzada Nr. 64, Trinidad, Cuba   |
Ranked #37 of 130 Specialty Lodging in Trinidad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
“Best place of Trinidad (also Backpacker Proof!!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I spent 3 amazing nights at the case of the Lozano's. I absolutely agree with all other positive revieuws; this family warms your heart and makes you feel at home.
Tasteful breakfasts and dinners, Clean rooms and alwats a good spirit.
Their USP's (as there are a lot of casas in Trinidad)

- Eye for details; it was my birthday and traveling alone without internet made me fearful of heaving a boring day. Hell know, at my breakfast table lay to little presents and a big cake to celebrate my NY day. So sweet!

- Connections: He is also a taxi driver and brings you everywhere you want to go for a fair price. As he knows the little gems, he brings you to little bays where all other tourists dont come etc. Furtheremore they can organize horsebacktrips and other tours around Trinidad; you dont have to go to a office, they will arrange it for you..

- Budgetproof; if you travel alone on a tight budget they are willing to negotiate to a cheaper price (I got the room from 25 to 15)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Prior to the trip, Olga responded to several emails (as promptly as someone can who must go to an email store and stand in line), assuring me in answering my questions.
Once we arrived (we were a family of five) we were all given small gifts since we were in the Christmas season. This nice, thoughtful, touch set the tone for our several day stay. Rodolfo is your go to for anything outside the house and Olga for anything regarding the casa. The yellow Fiat will zip you anywhere you want to go and he knows the answers to your questions about the various sites in Trinidad and its environs. Olga and her mother will serve meals on your timeframe and of course, each person chooses the entree of his/her choice. Breakfasts offered tropical fruits and juices as well as toast and eggs. All meals are served in a back room under a thatched hut canopy.
The atmosphere of the home is jovial and one feels comfortable to move between the different areas of the home. A view from the roof is stunning.
Given the several casas we stayed in during our ten day trip, Casa Lozanos stood out for the atmosphere of laughter and the fact that one's transportation was at the front door in the image of the yellow Fiat.

Room Tip: The upstairs space where we stayed was a suite, but there was basically no hallway so all family mem...
Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

owners here are very friendly and helpful and the food is great. The dining area is also really nicely done.

It's fair to say that the room I stayed in was a bit basic compared to other places. No fridge, no mirror on the bathroom wall, a bit bare. I stayed here 4 nights and there was no offer to clean the room or provide a clean towel etc. I'm sure they would if I'd asked but in most places they would offer without being asked. If this seems a bit harsh it's partly because the standard of most Casa's in Cuba is very high and you expect high standards in the tourist hotspots.

Trinidad is a great place and you could stay occupied for 4 or 5 days here.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've been 11 days travelling in Cuba and I must say that this has been the best house and family ever!! The house is well located in a quite street and it's very clean. There are two floors where you can relax in your own if you want Olga will always take you in with a big smile in her face and will be ready to help you in everything you need! Rodolfo is always ready to prepare a good cuba libre or canchánchara (typical drink from that area) with an excellent taste and having some laughs. Elia, Olga's mother is the best cook! She prepares really tasty typical cuban food. And if you're young, or not, Leo (Olga's son) can show you interesting places during the day and scpeially at night, if you want good places to dance, enjoy and have some drinks.
Thanks for doing this trip the best, for your attention and your love. I'm looiking forward to go back to Cuba and I'm sure I'll go to your house once again. I hope I see you soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Hostal Lozanos with our warm and friendly hosts, Olga and Eliya. We booked online and exchanged many emails with Olga as she methodically ensured our every expectation would be met, from assistance with travel from Havana to Trinidad through to what dinner we might prefer on arrival. Her attention to detail meant that we had a trouble free introduction to Trinidad. Trinidad is easily navigable on foot and the Casa is a short 10 minute walk from the main colonial Plaza Mayor and the very lively steps of the alfresco Casa de la Musica.
Back at the casa, the room was spacious and comfortable with 2 double beds, fan, air conditioning and a tidy ensuite. The 2nd floor private balcony was a real treat and the perfect place for watching the world go by in the street below. The breakfasts were filling and came with a selection of delicious fresh tropical fruit. The dinners were delicious and, so generous were our hosts, much more food than we could possibly manage.
We had a great few days in Trinidad and were sad to say goodbye to the lovely Lozanos. I would definitely recommend Hostal Lozanos if you are looking for a warm and friendly reception in Trinidad

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay with this warm and friendly family so much. The room that they had for us was spacious with two queen-size beds, a private bath with hot water, and a small kitchen and a refrigerator filled with beverages. The room had a fan and air conditioning. We could enter and leave without disturbing the family, and there was a small veranda to enjoy the evening breeze. The location was excellent, just two blocks from the plaza, and a close walk to the colonial Plaza Mayor. There is second room under construction which will be finished soon.

The food, prepared by Doña Elia, was abundant, delicious, fresh and typical of Cuba cuisine. We stayed four days, and our meal on the last night was spectacular. Because we really wanted it, the family ate with us that evening and we had a small celebration.

The Lozano family treated us like family and invited us to share everything in their home. They could not have been more gracious. We miss them and consider them our friends. I would highly recommend this Casa to anyone who wants more than just accommodation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm typically a hotel snob and I prefer to stay at top rated mom and pop B&Bs, but I was extremely last minute at booking (as in day of) and I was worried that Christmas eve/day were going to be an issue even though the majority of the country isn't Christian. That being said, I wrote Casa Milagrosa which had some 320 reviews and was told that they were full, but recommended that I come to their home so that I wasn't hassled and that they would check availability at some of the nearby casas for me and my mother. I was incredibly relieved to know that the holiday wasn't going to be an issue and to know I had somewhere to go vs. roaming the Cuban streets in an unfamiliar town with my mother, oh I felt so lucky. Mila suggested Hostal Lozano which was across the street from her and both my mom and I couldn't have been happier. The room was spacious and incredibly clean. Now my bed (the one closer to the door) was a bit uncomfortable - a thin mattress, but the beds easily sleep 2 people per, so my mom and I opted to share the other bed. There's both an AC and a ceiling fan and it was more than plentiful for the hot days and cool nights. Plus the hot shower with good water pressure was such a nice surprise. I'll be honest - there was NO way my mother or I could eat all of the breakfast provided. There was a pot of coffee, fresh frozen juice (since they don't do ice - this was like a slushie and sooooo yummy), bread with butter - though Cuban bread is horrible in my opinion, eggs, tomatoes with sliced ham, and a plate of fruit including pineapple, papaya, banana, and sometimes guava. Plus I LOVED the new puppy they got for Christmas - she was SO adorable I could have taken her with me. And I think one of the nicest things ever, was that one day mom and I were taking the train through the valley and Olga gave my mom a thermos of coffee to take with her for the trip. It was so nice and exactly what my mom couldn't communicate, yet so appreciated. It's the little things that make this place unique. It is about a 10-12 min walk to the main area of town, but that was quaint too...you hear the roosters in the AM, the men walking the streets selling onions, tomatoes and bread in the morning, and you may even see someone walking a pig down the street on a leash. It was that nostalgic. Give this place a shot even if it's #11 - it's simply how Tripadvisor does ranking, but it should move up for sure.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is where the room is located and the windows just have shutters on them so it can be noisy...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hostal Lozano's? Share your experiences!