“Even a critic can be impressed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Lozano's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Hostal Lozano's
Calle Miguel Calzada Nr. 64, Trinidad, Cuba   |
“Even a critic can be impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm typically a hotel snob and I prefer to stay at top rated mom and pop B&Bs, but I was extremely last minute at booking (as in day of) and I was worried that Christmas eve/day were going to be an issue even though the majority of the country isn't Christian. That being said, I wrote Casa Milagrosa which had some 320 reviews and was told that they were full, but recommended that I come to their home so that I wasn't hassled and that they would check availability at some of the nearby casas for me and my mother. I was incredibly relieved to know that the holiday wasn't going to be an issue and to know I had somewhere to go vs. roaming the Cuban streets in an unfamiliar town with my mother, oh I felt so lucky. Mila suggested Hostal Lozano which was across the street from her and both my mom and I couldn't have been happier. The room was spacious and incredibly clean. Now my bed (the one closer to the door) was a bit uncomfortable - a thin mattress, but the beds easily sleep 2 people per, so my mom and I opted to share the other bed. There's both an AC and a ceiling fan and it was more than plentiful for the hot days and cool nights. Plus the hot shower with good water pressure was such a nice surprise. I'll be honest - there was NO way my mother or I could eat all of the breakfast provided. There was a pot of coffee, fresh frozen juice (since they don't do ice - this was like a slushie and sooooo yummy), bread with butter - though Cuban bread is horrible in my opinion, eggs, tomatoes with sliced ham, and a plate of fruit including pineapple, papaya, banana, and sometimes guava. Plus I LOVED the new puppy they got for Christmas - she was SO adorable I could have taken her with me. And I think one of the nicest things ever, was that one day mom and I were taking the train through the valley and Olga gave my mom a thermos of coffee to take with her for the trip. It was so nice and exactly what my mom couldn't communicate, yet so appreciated. It's the little things that make this place unique. It is about a 10-12 min walk to the main area of town, but that was quaint too...you hear the roosters in the AM, the men walking the streets selling onions, tomatoes and bread in the morning, and you may even see someone walking a pig down the street on a leash. It was that nostalgic. Give this place a shot even if it's #11 - it's simply how Tripadvisor does ranking, but it should move up for sure.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is where the room is located and the windows just have shutters on them so it can be noisy...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed here for two days when first arriving in Trinidad. The room is up a spiral stair case and overlooks the street life from a nice cozy balcony. It has two beds, a full size fridge, AC and a good size bathroom. Olga provides great service and meals. Twice during our two day stay she anticipated our needs and brought us cold refreshing drinks and fruit cocktails. The meals are served in her colourful romantic indoor palapa. We would recommend this Hostal to all able bodied travelers. The spiral staircase would present a barrier to anyone with a disability.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
aachen, deutschland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

This casa is a perfect place to stay in Trinidad, the hosts are Olga, a very positive, funny and helpful girl, her son Leo and Elia, the sweet mother of Olga. All of them made our stay in Trinidad so pleasant that we stayed 2 weeks instead of 4 days ;-)
Olga is a very nice young woman who is helping you with everything which is possbile for them...you can also eat there, Elia is cooking very nice...at the moment they are building a terasse, so soon you can seat outside and enjoy the sunsets...very great is also that the room where you stay is in the second floor, so you also have you privacy if you want to; the room is also very clean and the shower is working good, which is sometimes a problem in Cuba ;-) you just have to go there and be opened for cuban way of life :-)...I am going next year again :-)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hostal Lozano's? Share your experiences!