“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gisborne, New Zealand
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I loved it here: the location is truly spectacular, and sitting outside under the umbrellas a relaxing way to spend a few hours.
They serve yummy platters, with cheese, relish, breads, cold meat, oil etc.
The wine drinkers amongst our group said the wine was fantastic.
Overall a wonderful few hours.

Visited February 2014

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Amazing location and best pinot gris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have been to Man O War Vineyards at Man O War Bay, Waiheke Island several times this summer. It never fails to disappoint!
Firstly, the Exiled Pinot Gris is the best wine I have ever tasted! It is like liquid honey :) (I love sweeter wines). The platters are also delicious, with cheese and relish and local olive oil. They also do gluten free platters on request.
There is plenty of space for children and there are often kids running around playing cricket. Also petanque for the adults! Also great shade covers for when it's too hot to sit under the sun.

North Island, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
“LOCATION LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Another perfect place in New Zealand - we have so many.

First time here - great wine, top wine hostess, platters and sea location so worth a visit!

So relaxing should have stayed all day!

Will be coming back again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A bit average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Couldn't book by ringing this vineyard - they told us to go on line to book the shuttle. We tried on the iphone but the site wouldn't come up. We ran to the isite who also tried to book by phone - three phone calls later they told us to run to the bus stop at the other end of town. Finally got on the shuttle (mmmm a bit rickety - but the driver was cool) and off we went. What a horrible road getting in there, but a beautiful setting once you arrive. Staff tried to tack us on to the end of a 'grabone' party - we managed to separate from them and had a lovely wine tasting with a staff member. we had the platter between the two of us - very tasty, but what a shame there was very little choice and no desert option (would have been nice with their lovely sticky wine).

When I paid, there was no effort made to sell me any wine and I felt they were really rushed and could I just pay and make way for the next customer. Glad I have been there, but would I go back ... no.

Austin, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Highly recommended - a "Must Do" on Waheke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I would say that driving to the Man O War winery would be on top of my must-do's on Waheke Island, it definitely was one of the highlights of our two day stay on the Island. Starting in Onetangi we took the northern route with just incredible views of the Hauraki Gulf and spectacular rolling hills and mountain vistas.
The Man O War Winery Tasting Room is steps away from a beautiful beach on Man O War Bay. Tastings are free (some very appealing wines) as are the spectacular views.
We then drove back to the Ostend area with more incredible vistas over the Tamaki Strait.
Both my wife and I agree that this drive is as scenic as the famous Ring of Kerry in Ireland which we have done 3 times.

Visited November 2013