“Exceeded expactions!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Many other companies masquerade as Waiheke Island Wine Tours but we are the ONLY Qualmark-accredited wine tour operator based on Waiheke Island. It's just a 35min ferry ride from downtown Auckland, across the sparkling waters of the Hauraki Gulf to paradise! We own and operate the business ourselves and have two highly experienced guides Wayne (owner) and Graham. We don't use "ring ins"! Our tours are small and intimate with nine clients max (two seats kept vacant) in our comfortable vehicle with aircon and large windows for excellent sightseeing. Spend a day with us and enjoy an entertaining scenic tour with full commentary on the island's Maori/European beginnings and life today. Included in the tour price are tasting fees for at least 14 wines at three top vineyards, chilled bottled water, Waiheke Island of Wine Map, transfers to lunch and back to the ferry after lunch. We operate daily (except Xmas Day, Easter Friday or the odd short break). Privately tailored tours are also available by arrangement.
“Exceeded expactions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

What a great day! Wayne was an awesome tour guide with a wealth of knowledge of the island. We were taken to 3 great wineries and really shown a five star personalised tour. Would go again with out hesitation!

Visited April 2013
JeanandWayne, Owner at Waiheke Island Wine Tours, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hi Mallory, Wayne very much enjoyed meeting you and showing you our special island. Thanks for returning to Trip Advisor to review our business. Cheers!

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“A great day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I took my English friend on this tour and we had a fabulous time. The guide was very knowledgeable and we were taken on a great ride around the island. It really is not to be missed on a trip to Auckland! It made me very proud to be a kiwi to show off Waiheke!!

Visited April 2013
JeanandWayne, Owner at Waiheke Island Wine Tours, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hi Helen, many thanks for returning to Trip Advisor to write your review. Yes, we are proud Kiwis too and love showing Waiheke Island off to overseas visitors - we love NZ to bits and it is great to be able to share our piece of paradise with people from many countries and walks of life! Cheers Jean and Wayne.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Wine Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been on 3 different winery tours on Waiheke and this one is the best. I would definitely recommend it and I would definitely do it again. Thanks Wayne, what a great day!!!!

Visited February 2013
Hi mx5chk many thanks for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your day out with Wayne - we hope to see you again sometime! Cheers Jean.
London, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I'm on my own this trip and decided to treat myself to a Waiheke Island Wine Tour. I've travelled extensively in New Zealand over a number of years and I can tell you that you won't find a better day out from Auckland than this!

Wayne's knowledge, not only of the island and its wine but of all aspects of New Zealand history and culture, is amazing and often illustrated through his own family's experiences. The three wineries we visited, Mudbrick, Obsidian and Peacock Sky, were very different in style but all in spectacular locations. You definitely don't need to be a wine buff to enjoy this tour - just go for the scenery and the anecdotes - and sample some delicious wine and food along the way!

I can't recommend this tour highly enough. I'm already planning my next visit with a longer stay on Waiheke and will sign up for another tour. Thank you Wayne and Jean.

Visited March 2013
JeanandWayne, Owner at Waiheke Island Wine Tours, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Hi ZelieH, thanks very much for coming back to TA so quickly to write your review. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you, showing you our beautiful island home and sharing some stories of my family history with you. I get great pleasure sharing my passion for the island with visitors keen to learn not just about wine and wine making but also to hear little slices of our history. I look forward to meeting you and your husband next time you visit. Best wishes! Wayne (and Jean)
Alexandria, Virginia
“Waiheke Island Wine tour Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Wow! What a fabulous day with Wayne and Waiheke Island Wine Tours. We were taken to three fabulous wineries in beautiful settings and was THE highlight of our trip to Auckland. Take the ferry to Waiheke Island and Wayne will pick you up in his comfortable van and take you to three of his favorite wineries...He works with a dozen or so, so they are not always the same. One of the members of our group needed to take an earlier ferry and Wayne was completely happy to oblige while the rest of us enjoyed a memorable lunch, also in a beautiful location.. This is certainly the best way to enjoy Waiheke Island!

Visited February 2013
Hi 741susan, it was great meeting you and thanks very much for returning to Trip Advisor to write your review. I get a great deal of pleasure interacting with amazing people from all over the world and showing off our island paradise. Working with great vineyards who add to our client experience is an added bonus and through the various seasons each one has something different to offer. Thanks again for returning to comment. Best wishes!