“A secret hideaway to renew, reenergise, revitalise, - a generous slice of heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heartsong Retreat

and 1 more site!
You added Heartsong Retreat to your Saves list
Heartsong Retreat
8 Omiha Road | Rocky Bay, Waiheke Island 1081, New Zealand   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

The Cabana was a secluded, romantic paradise. The Boatshed was our home away from home - simple and rustic, which provided a wonderful retreat for wine by candlelight beside the bay. The spa pool was a luxurious, inviting space amongst the palms. The breakfasts were simply decadent. All this brought together by the superb hosts, Trish & Robin, who were outstanding - so friendly and welcoming. Needless to say, we'll be back on our regular visits to NZ from the USA.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

My wife and I traveled to New Zealand in March. What a place! We spent 3 nights on Waiheke Island and 2 of them at Heartsong. Trisha and Robin are two of the most excellent people we have met traveling and I highly recommend their B&B. It can be hard to feel at home somewhere else, but we found it quite easy at Heartsong. The breakfast is off the charts good and the property is beautiful. The rooms were great (we stayed in the Cabana) and the place just has a great karma about it. We come from Houston, TX and are used to friendly people. I was happy to find the people of New Zealand was the same way. I religiously use Trip Advisor and this is the first time I have ever posted. Trisha asked why we chose their place and I told her the reviews were really good. I also promised her I would post my first review ever for Heartsong. I'm a little late but wanted to keep my promise! For a beautiful place, kind people, great breakfast, engaging conversation and an overall wonderful time, try Heartsong.

Wes D. Houston, TX USA

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

My husband and I needed a relaxing break and Heartsong provided this and more. Trish and Robin are consumate hosts and their retreat is an idyllic hideaway overlooking Rocky Bay. With kayaks and a row boat at our disposal and a spa pool, steps away from our room - we realised we had found a rather special place. We would love to go back next time we are in NZ.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Auckland NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Friendly and extremely hospitable hosts, superb quality, attention to detail outstanding. Highly recommended, definiely the best of its type I have tried in New Zealand and we use this type of accomadation quite alot.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Even though we are Waiheke locals who own a holiday villa on the island we decided to stay at Heartsong for a bit of serenity on the night of our wedding - the best decision we've ever made! I also stayed at the retreat with my sister the night before and used the place to get ready. Trisha, Robin, Sam and Milo all went out of their way to make us feel like the place was ours. And the breakfast - wow! I would love to come back to visit for a week to enjoy the surroundings of the property or even just to have a cup of tea with Trisha and Robin who are such interesting and lovely people. We hope to see you again soon.

Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We have stayed at the Heartsong on 3 occasions. We decided to hold our wedding ceremony there in Feb 2010 and it was perfect. Fantastic. Trisha and Robin are great people. We highly recommend it for a peaceful getaway, A truely amazing spot.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stayed at Heartsong on the last night of our NZ honeymoon. It was absolutely stunning. The hosts were waiting for us on arrival, and showed us their stunning rooms. We were lucky enough to be the only guests on this night because it was midweek. Therefore we were able to see the rooms and choose. I believe we were originally in the Nikau room then moved to the room next door, which was amazing. (All the rooms however are stunning). Trish served us with some perfect coffee and homemade baking to settle us in. The spa outside was so relaxing and romantic and the boatshed was a lovely place to relax. My husband painted some sketches down there and also swam there which is very possible and refreshing after the hot spa. The showers (there were two shower heads in our room) look out to a window over looking the ocean, so you can shower with your significant other if you like and look at the lovely views. All very lux and tasteful. The breakfasts were also just perfect. I can honestly say there was not one thing wrong to say about this place. I would not consider staying anywhere but here if I were to visit Waiheke. A night at Heartsong will make your memories of Waiheke truely unforgettable.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Heartsong Retreat? Share your experiences!