“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Waiheke Island is just a 35 minute boat ride from Downtown Auckland. Discover Waiheke Island’s award-winning boutique wineries and locally produced gourmet delights, while enjoying an informed commentary by one of our professional, local guides. Small groups and personalised service ensure you get the most out of your Waiheke experience. Half and full day tours available.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

What a great experience.

It was easy to book with Ananda and we enjoyed our tour very much. Beautiful wine and perfect recommendations for lunch.

I have no hesitation in recommending.

Thank you!

Visited August 2013
anandajenny, Owner at Ananda Tours, responded to this review, September 18, 2013

" Fabulous" !!
Glad you had a great day on the Island enjoying our local wines and gourmet food.
Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
“Welcome for One!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was a single traveler looking for a wine tour over the weekend and Ananda was recommended by another tour company that was fully booked.

Jenny was fantastic with booking and very helpful with inquires. The ferry ticket booked through Ananda was easy to collect and Paul was standing at the exit of the terminal with a clearly marked sign making it very easy to find the group. The bus was clean and comfortable and the timings were spot on. We were never rushed and had plenty of time at each location. Overall the trip was well organised specifically around lunchtime as I opted to switch lunch spots, so they were very flexible and accommodating.

Paul was pleasant, engaging and very knowledgeable about the island. Most importantly he made me feel comfortable being a party of one!!!!

I would recommend Ananda to others looking for a great trip to Waiheke and I plan on booking with them again next year.

HI,
Love to see you back next year!
Its always great to read reviews such as yours and to know you have been well looked after by our guide. Travelling by your self is not always easy so I'm glad we were able to make it an enjoyable day for you.
Flexibility is very important quality for our company.

Kind regards
“Great local knowledge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very comfortable bus great local knowledge and fantastic friendly service. Great selection of vineyards and very accommodating. Highly recommend for couples and small groups.

Hi,
Thanks so much for your very positive review of all aspects of our tours.
The owners of Ananda Tours have lived on Waiheke Island for 35 years so it is great to hear that you appreciate our local knowledge.

Kind regards
Del Mar, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“All Great with Ananda Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've done wine tasting all around the World but no host has been quite like Nigel. A driving encyclopedia of all things Waiheke Island wines, he and his wide Jenny have the best of the best on speed dial. Working closely with the Waiheke Wine Association, at the last minute they pulled together a whistle stop tasting and tour around the island. For the moment I stepped off the ferry from Auckland nothing could have been better. Nigel's overview o the day, preview of the wineries we would visit and his conversational interplay while we drive around I the very comfortable touring van made the day fly by.

My next trip back to Auckland will include another tour of Waiheke and as the song goes, "I'll be making plans for Nigel" as he's just the best wine guide I know.

anandajenny, Owner at Ananda Tours, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thanks so much for your review.
It was indeed a privilege and pleasure for Nigel to spend the day with someone of your calibre and knowledge in the wine industry.
You are welcome back anytime.

Regards
Shute Harbour, Australia
“Customer Service Second to None”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had made a booking with Ananda Tours to visit Waiheke Island, and do a winery tour. Right from the outset Brooke at Ananda Tours was helpful with my enquires and the booking. Her replies to my questions were prompt and I felt very comfortable booking with this company.

Unfortunately, however, we were unable to come to NZ due to a significant illness in our immediate family. Both Brooke and Jenny bent over backwards to refund all of our money (and onto another credit card due to the original one being stolen!)

This company was so friendly, so professional, and so caring. I would not hesitate to recommend them or to use them again if and when we do get back to NZ.

Visited August 2013
anandajenny, Owner at Ananda Tours, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi,
We were very sorry you couldn't make it to NZ and Waiheke Island on this occasion.
We send our compassion to you and your family.
We hope for full recovery for your family member and to see you sometime in the future, on the Island, drinking wine and having fun.
Regards